Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Bad rinse on a Proof Presidential Dollar

tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
I just received my proof Presidential Dollar sets. On one, it has a bad rinse and has spots all over the coin. I know I can return them, but do they carry any premium? Is there any advantage of keeping it?

Comments

  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 34,206 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use it in any parking meter in Chicago..........
    image
    Professional Numismatist, Retired. 55 year member ANA. Former ANA Senior Authenticator. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and ANA Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner of the PNG's 2026 Robert Friedberg Award for "The Enigmatic Lincoln Cents of 1922," Available now from Whitman or Amazon.
  • Options
    I'd return it if you're not happy with it.
  • Options
    tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭


    << <i>You can use it in any parking meter in Chicago..........
    image >>



    Yeah, what does that get me, 5 minutes?
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    They can still be ordered from the mint. So you shouldnt have any problem getting them replaced.

    -David

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file