Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O what a night! Go Stros

Hello, everyone. Usually don't say much here(just read) but tonight I can't keep quite. Just got home from the Astros game and all I can say is AWESOMEimage

Greg

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Pictures of Biggio's 2,998, 2,999, and 3,000th hit here

Ooooops, I've already mentioned that.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Quite a game. What a trill it would've been to be there.

I'm no 'stros fan, but it was a great all around game. The 3,000th hit and a walk off grand slam in extras. Thank god for MLB.TV...otherwise I'd be stuck watching the slip 'n' slide madness of the Orioles game.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that pretty much every game tonight involved rain?
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I remember watching Biggio play when I lived in Houston in the early 90's! You don't see too many players stay on the same team for 15-20 years anymore.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    stown- What an accomplishment for Biggio. Too bad he has no chance of getting into the hall. Bagwell neither.
  • Options

<< <i>stown- What an accomplishment for Biggio. Too bad he has no chance of getting into the hall. Bagwell neither. >>

May you have a burning sensation the next time you take a piss.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    One of the best endings to a game I have ever seen.

Ron
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Carlos Lee is a stud.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>stown- What an accomplishment for Biggio. Too bad he has no chance of getting into the hall. Bagwell neither. >>

I'll take that bet.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I'm just busting balls. Of course Biggio and Bagwell will go to the Hall.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    bagwell, i don't know so much. biggio, he's so HEEEAAAAAVVVVYYYYYYYYY, ala the beatles baby!

the last astros game i went to mike scott was pitching and piecs of earl campbell's brain tissue were stuck to the outfield carpet.

go 'stros!

julen
    tgif
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Sorry, I can't let the title of this thread go without adding: "... late December back in '63. What a very special time for me. As I remember what a night!"

Now that that's out of my system... I'd also bet that Biggio WILL be in the Hall.
  • Options
    Think I'm still drunk image
  • Options
    Bagwell will be in the Hall too! A lot of people tend to overlook the fact that most of his homeruns were hit in the Astrodome where it wasn't easy to hit homers!