Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

My Morgan set is finally completed!

I've been hard at this set for long while. While these are not all MS they are the best
I could afford at the time. Some day I'll try to get them all photographed.
I have to take a break from collecting as my spouse blew a gasket when I bought a
1894-P in F15. I'm not out completely I have some proof/mint set's from the 50's & 60's to send in to get graded. (? new set?)image
Here's a link to my set.

Morgans

Thanks J.D.

"Only 2 things are certain
Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner

Comments

• Must feel great to finally complete a set like this. Congrats!!
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the set.

Been working on my Morgan set for a couple of years already and it is only about 30% complete.

I hope to know the feeling of finishing the thing one of these years. My hat is off to ya' for a job well done.

-------------

etexmike
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the finish. I bet some of those coins were tougher to find nicely worn than they were ms63/64.
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I'm still hoping the '94 & '93-S will come down a bit in 'collectors' grades.

How did you get past '93-S past the wifey?
  • Congrats J.D. on the completed set. image It's always great to see, even if it's not Lincoln's. image

I really enjoy the comments regarding wives and the further aquisition of coins. It's nice to know that I'm

not the only collector who experiences this phenomenon. Have you ever had to "make sure" that you get

the mail on a certain day and not your wife? That certain day your next coin is due to arrive. image

RegistryNut image
  • curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Very nice set brother. I started to buld a set of Morgans but I got to smokin' MPLs and I had to sell 'em to support my new habit.

Congrats on yours.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Have you ever had to "make sure" that you get
    the mail on a certain day and not your wife? That certain day your next coin is due to arrive. >>

Thats what the Good Lord made post office boxes forimage
  • RampageRampage Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. image I am working on a Dansco album set of Morgans. The key dates will remain slabbed, but the others I buy will be broke out to put in the book. I do not own an 1894 P or 1893 S yet, but one day I will.
    Young Numismatist ............................ and growing!
  • headsplitter2headsplitter2 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the nice comments.
    *ajia as for the 93-S all I had to do is show her the population reports was low plus
    I had sold a Gold Commemorative that helped too.

J.D.
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! That has to be one tough set to put together!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Congrats on the completion. Now time to upgrade!!!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats J.D. on the completed set. image It's always great to see, even if it's not Lincoln's. image

I really enjoy the comments regarding wives and the further aquisition of coins. It's nice to know that I'm

not the only collector who experiences this phenomenon. Have you ever had to "make sure" that you get

the mail on a certain day and not your wife? That certain day your next coin is due to arrive. image

RegistryNut image >>

Ha Ha!
    And one thing I've learned on these boards, make sure your wife has a CAR she likes!! Otherwise, it's all gone to the BAY!

headsplitter2,
    Congrats on the 100%.
    Is that it or do you think you'll start uggrading after the 'break'? Oh yeah, we won't say a word BTW.
  • LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a feelin` it is to type in that last serial number to complete a set like that!!

• prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    nice set, a great feat for not spending millions (haha)