Options
1896 Morgan grade and images
coinsarefun
Posts: 21,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got this Morgan with a bunch of others back from grading and still practicing imaging. I think I still need to adjust the lighting and focus. I have the camera and the coin in a fixed position
Let me know if I am improving
By the way its an MS62 why not 63? but that's just my thinking.
It has some nice toning and good amount of luster

Let me know if I am improving
By the way its an MS62 why not 63? but that's just my thinking.
It has some nice toning and good amount of luster

CoinsAreFun Pictorials Album FOR SALE SOME will mark final ones before auction
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
.
CoinsAreFun Toned Silver Eagle Proof Album
.
Gallery Mint Museum, Ron Landis& Joe Rust, The beginnings of the Golden Dollar
.
More CoinsAreFun Pictorials NGC FOR SALE
0
Comments
<< <i>By the way its an MS62 why not 63? but that's just my thinking.
It has some nice toning and good amount of luster >>
Possibly the lustre is a bit impaired from some previous dipping?
60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
Reverse above the legend looks scuffed.
I'd say its 62/63. Not a very lustrous coin and accurately graded IMHO.
Luster means a lot in grading MS Morgans I've observed.
"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."
~Wayne