Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Primary Player Sets??

Did I miss a memo or something here? What constitutes a "primary" set? And why (by my count) do only 3 players (Clemens, Griffey, Ripken) have primary sets? How does it differ from what I've known as the definition of a "basic" set?

Obviously PSA's desire to make as much money as possible COMPLETELY DESTROYED the integrity of the Basic Set concept, is this their way of getting back to the original "basic" concept, and they are starting with the players that have a kajillion cards?

Just when I thought I had it all figured out......

Comments

• Options
    The Primary sets are what the Basic sets were supposed to be, until collectors and sellers/dealers started adding cards to the Basic set that did not belong there.

The best way to look at the new Primary set category is more free vouchers! When one hits 75% on their Basic, Master, and now Primary set, more free vouchers! image
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Wow another tier for player collectors, yippee. I don't see a need for the Basic sets now if the Primary sets just contain the playing cards from the years the player was active. I have heard rumors of them changing master sets and allowing cards produced after the player was active to be included.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well its really not that much if the collector is focusing on master sets. all the others are just parts of the master set.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    So "primary" is just the base cards during the player years..."basic" is now all cards that are not inserts (i.e. AS, RB, CL) during their playing years, and master is every card under the sun, including all inserts and cards after the playing years?

I guess the primary set is the only way PSA could get back to the original simple player set concept...of course, it would have been a lot easier to just use better judgement in the first place when adding cards to the basic sets.