Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Belgium's dreadful Princess Diana commemorative

Comments

• Options
    SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Nowhere near as bad as those from the Liberian Mint. The various $5 Diana coins are horrid.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • Options
    ManMan Posts: 1,002
    Hey you try to draw Princess Diana by hand it's tough. image
  • Options
    Our country, our United States Mint, is in a race to the superlative with other coin and medal designers.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

That Alderney design the "updated identity" Royal Mint is hawking is no prize....

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    That seems pretty typical of the quality of designs nowadays. No wonder they call it "modern crap."
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i>image
    Daily Mail: The Long-nosed Diana >>

On Usenet, someone posted a link to a truly appalling Princess Diana gold card.
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Makes her look like a man!image
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>On Usenet, someone posted a link to a truly appalling Princess Diana gold card. >>

She looks like the grim reaper in that one.

[lightside tangent]

Speaking of horrendous designs on modern crap, for the first time in several years I looked at the actual designs of current U.S. coinage... Oh my GOD! What the feck have they done to the engravings of Lincoln, Washington, and Kennedy? The redesigns make the figures look like caricatures! The garish hair details are just abominable.

It's change simply for change's sake. And in these cases it is NOT for the better... the new designs are absolutely hideous!

*bazookabarf*