Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Bgs 9.5 vs psa 9?

What is the difference? witch has more value. looking at tiger woods si for kids, one Bgs 9.5 vs Psa 9 1996 card?

Comments

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    A bgs 9.5, without question. Even if the other were a PSA 10, it would be a big difference.
  • Options
    Well since the BGS 9.5 is "suppose to be" the PSA 10 equivalent, I'm gonna go with the BGS 9.5 . I think another question to throw in would be: Which is better a BGS 9.5 or a PSA 10?
  • Options
    Neither
    I've been doing this long before PSA and Beckett were even glints in the eyes of the money making machines they are
    I've seen 5's resubmitted and coming back as 9's and I've seen 9's cracked out hoping for a 10 and coming back Not holdered eveidence of trim or in a new 7 holder.

I've seen Beckett 9's cracked out and placed in a 10 holder with 1/2 of the persons arm trimmed off

I've tried going the PSA/SGC/BGS/GAI route for almost 8 years after swearing I would never use any when they came out.

All it is is marketing to get business

Period
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Neither
    I've been doing this long before PSA and Beckett were even glints in the eyes of the money making machines they are
    I've seen 5's resubmitted and coming back as 9's and I've seen 9's cracked out hoping for a 10 and coming back Not holdered eveidence of trim or in a new 7 holder.

I've seen Beckett 9's cracked out and placed in a 10 holder with 1/2 of the persons arm trimmed off

I've tried going the PSA/SGC/BGS/GAI route for almost 8 years after swearing I would never use any when they came out.

All it is is marketing to get business

Period >>

I would tend to agree with the above. Also, keep it in the holder that sells for the highest amount. Or if you're a collector, keep it in the holder that displays best for you if you don't plan on selling it soon.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Sir, how dare you. PSA does nothing but consistently give accurate grades by using strict guidelines and accurate assessment, especially on submission #620841. I can't believe that you would dare to question their methods and marketing strategies, because they have been placing cards in the right slabs for years now, and I expect they will do the same for submission #620841. PSA and its employees have earned a tremendous amount of respect freom me, especially the guy grading subission #620841.

Lee
  • Options
    Buttering up the grader for your submission. Shamefull. image
  • Options
    DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    The BGS 9.5 is guaranteed 100% trimmed, so I'm going to go with the PSA 9. image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!
  • Options

<< <i>Sir, how dare you. PSA does nothing but consistently give accurate grades by using strict guidelines and accurate assessment, especially on submission #620841. I can't believe that you would dare to question their methods and marketing strategies, because they have been placing cards in the right slabs for years now, and I expect they will do the same for submission #620841. PSA and its employees have earned a tremendous amount of respect freom me, especially the guy grading subission #620841.

Lee >>

• Options
    Now I hafta know how submission # 620841 comes out image

Good luck Mr.CDsNuts . . .

That was just too funny .

Was havin a kinda grumpy night until I read that .

Edited to say : Looks Gem Mint now .