Home Sports Talk
Options

M's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeep BOSOX

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
The baseball gods have smiled on us today!

Dave
Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

Comments

• Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    The Royals would appreciate a little gratitude from the M's fans for sweeping the Angels.

You're welcome. image
    Travis
  • Options
    the M's are on good starter away from going toe to toe with the Angels
  • Options
    Feirabend was great today, quite the turnaround from his debacle against Cincy - though that wasn't entirely his fault, I think any young pitcher with the whole Griffey tribute would have suffered. Great game today, overall a great series.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good point, THANK YOU ROYALS!

M's have semi-shaky starting pitching, buy my Lord, is JJ Putz the best reliever in baseball, or what?

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Putz is indeed the man, never rattled, all he does is close the door. If Weaver can continue to be good Weaver instead of gas can Weaver he was prior to his injury, if Felix can learn to throw something other than fastballs in the first innings (the last few starts he's been 100% fastball for the first 10 pitches...not exactly fooling anyone), and if Washburn can be the 6 inning, 3 ER guy he was earlier I think the M's can go on a deep roll. I just hope they don't give up either Wladmir or Jones from Tacoma in any trade - they are definitely top notch prospects who should be playing in Seattle now.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Can someone say Mark Buerhle for the Ms?
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Putz is awesome, but the rest of the bullpen is very impressive as well. George Sherrill, for example, made David Ortiz look like Helen Keller. Morrow and O'Flaherty are both really young and look like they've got some good stuff. Morrow's got way too many walks though!
  • Options
    The M's bullpen has quietly been the most unheralded in all of baseball, and has save the starting pitching staff's butt countless times this year. Gotta love the Royals sweeping the Angels, perhaps it's a sign of the Angels faltering and giving the M's a shot to rise back to the top of the division. Morrow's control problems have definitely been a concern, and he's not going to get by on his velocity forever.

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely shaping up to be an interesting season with some added fun again to be a Mariners fan. Heck, all of this without Beltre and Sexson really doing anything yet.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14