Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

building a player set?

hi, im a newb! i was wondering about just building my own "pete rose set" as i have alot of cards that are not in the basic and really do not want to get into the wide variety of whats in the master. so can i just build my own set and put it together here on the psa site as i get my cards graded? i have about 15 psa graded cards and the lowest is a 7,but that is all i could find of that card... well on ebay.. and i always have money for pete cards. thanks for any help and direction . don russell

Comments

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. I have numerous registry sets that I simply collect because I like the player or set. Some are #1 , some are not. Its great to see that I'm not the only bozo that collects certain player sets.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Pete is a great choice to get a collection of his cards. I am thinking of starting a player set of the greatest left-handed pitcher in history, Joe Nuxhall. Well maybe some may pick Warren Spahn, but I like Joe.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    If you just want to put your own "set" together and show it here, use the Collector's Showcase.

Welcome to the boards,

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • Options
    well i guess that i can list the ones i have in front of me.

1974 topps #336 mint 9
    1975 topps #211 nm 7
    1979 topps #204 nm-mt 8
    1980 topps #4 nm-mt 8
    1981 kellogg's #63 mint 9
    1982 topps #780 nm-mt 8
    1982 kellogg's #18 mint 9
    1983 fleer #171 mint 9
    1984 fleer update #u-102 nm-mt 8
    1985 fleer #640 gem mint 10
    1986 topps #3 mint 9
    1986 leaf #209 mint 9
    1987 fleer #32 gem mint 10

i have about 110 im sending in to get graded that i have got the last month or so. i have about 20 more graded psa card that i have gotten from ebay in the mail. i can't wait to list them all. i think this is a pretty good start to my rose collection. don
  • Options

<< <i>If you just want to put your own "set" together and show it here, use the Collector's Showcase.

Welcome to the boards,

Joe >>

thanks joe! do they grade these collections? i also seen when i was putting some of my cards in the basic set alot of the cards are not listed in it. out of all of those listed there were only 2 that went through. and it says there was an email set to psa and give it a bus. day then try to update again. so hopefully they will go. i have alot of the odd ball pete cards. i have a gold pete rose w/game used bat im sending in for grading. im hoping it will grade good. thanks for your help and direction to the collectors show case. don russell