Home Sports Talk
Options

Garnett to the LAKERS!?!? Oh please say it isn't so....I will never again attend a Wolves game!

Ok, so, I have only attended 4 in the last 2 years, whats the difference? image

Seriously though, the way they are playing now, and KG leaves....are you kidding?
This could be the NY Knicks (Under Isiah Thomas) all over again, except, it will be
Kevin McHale's team.

BRING ON FRED HOIBERG (I think that's how you spell it !!!!!???????) !
Kevn's time is over IMHO. He did a good job in the beginning, but, lately, he kinda
stinks....sorry Kevin, step down now, while you can still hold your head up!

Ok everyone, let it rip!

Comments

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I really wish that would happen, but it looks like other teams just have more to offer.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    This was never close to happening. The only way that McHale makes that lopsided of a trade would be if David Stern held a gun to his head.
  • Options
    Well, I just watched an exerpt from a Kevin McHale news conference
    on KARE 11 news SPORTS.

He more or less "COULDN't SAY" whether a trade was going on or not
    or whether it would actually happen.

To me, this means there IS a trade possiblity and now they (KARE 11) are saying
    the PHOENIX SUNS!

YOW!

Tony
  • Options
    Why the Suns would want an older, slower version of Amare (i.e. KG) when the Suns were a bogus ejection away from reaching the conference finals is beyond me.

• Options
    Stitzen, I think you better watch a whole game with KG !

He's only 30, granted that is a bit older for the NBA, but,
    he can dominate a game single handedly!

He is the ONLY reason the TIMBERWOLVES are having
    just average seasons now. Without him, they would be
    the absolute worst team in the league with the worst
    record.

He lead the NBA in rebounds last year and he plays the
    forward position. He had the most triple doubles of anyone
    in the league last year-doesn't even SOUND like he is slow!
  • Options
    I've seen plenty of games with KG, and seen plenty of games with Amare. KG's 30, and been in the league 11 years...that's an eternity. Why would I want to trade a guy who's got 11 years of wear and tear on him for a guy who's going to just turn 25 this year? By no means am I trying to discredit what a player KG is, but do you honestly think he'd be able to play the up and down style the Suns play? Could he play the 7 second rule they play? And if so, for how long? Why would they want to get a guy who's not only chronologically older, but has way, way more games on his body? Amare has just over 10k minutes, KG has over three-and-a-half times as many, with over 35k.

The Suns, if they make this move, are bowing to the pressure of 'win it now' instead of 'winning several in a row', and it's a misstep if you ask me.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen plenty of games with KG, and seen plenty of games with Amare. KG's 30, and been in the league 11 years...that's an eternity. Why would I want to trade a guy who's got 11 years of wear and tear on him for a guy who's going to just turn 25 this year? By no means am I trying to discredit what a player KG is, but do you honestly think he'd be able to play the up and down style the Suns play? Could he play the 7 second rule they play? And if so, for how long? Why would they want to get a guy who's not only chronologically older, but has way, way more games on his body? Amare has just over 10k minutes, KG has over three-and-a-half times as many, with over 35k.

The Suns, if they make this move, are bowing to the pressure of 'win it now' instead of 'winning several in a row', and it's a misstep if you ask me. >>

The Suns do need to win now. Nash has just as many miles as KG and takes a pounding every night. They've proved in the last 2-3 years that they can't beat the Spurs, suspensions or not...
  • Options

<< <i>The Suns do need to win now. Nash has just as many miles as KG and takes a pounding every night. They've proved in the last 2-3 years that they can't beat the Spurs, suspensions or not... >>

I agree with that, steelers - the Suns know Nash only has a limited amount of time left in his career to be successful - and Tim Duncan will be around for all of them. Why not move Amare and his microfracture - repaired knee, get KG and take a shot?
  • Options
    stitzen...will give you that of the age, however, KG is one of the hardest working
    players in the game.

He is up and down the court with the best of them all the time. He passes, rebounds,
    shoots, sets up shots for teammates, takes shots for teammates, and on and on.

While he may be 30, I think he is one of the best in the NBA. Just my humble opinion.

• Options
    kaline-

I agree that KG is an absolute fantastic player...but I can't help but think that midway through a season of running with the Suns, he's just not going to be able to keep up that pace.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    You will see a lot of jockeying around of players this year in concert with the draft. I watched the draft last night, and found it very intersting.....as I am sure you did. It is not over with moves and trades.

Garnett is a gem, but there is no reason to believe that he will "make a franchise" at his age. Even him and Kobe cannot guarantee a playoff team. He is not a Duncan. The Spurs will continue to rule untill Duncan and his teammates retire.

IMO
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725