Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1930 Babe Ruth Contact

First off I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to all.
At this time I am trying to find out how to get a value or how to get something authentized. I have come across what is to be believed as an original 1930 Babe Ruth contract. My uncle had purcahsed it in the early 1970's in Missouri. His father was an umpire for the NL for some 20 years or so. As far as I have found out so far the contract is the original. It is in Mint condition and has been stored properly for the past 30+ years. I am in need to trying to find out on how to get a value of this item. If someone could help out that would be great. I have faxed a copy of the contract to a couple different places and I have already had an offer made of $20k on it from Stiner Sports. They even offered to fly in to take a look at it and cut me a check on the spot. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The 20k offer from steiner sounds good to me.

that means that they feel they can 'move it' for 30k?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I"d contact Mastro. They would give you an honest opinion of what if would sell for, rather than what they would buy if for, like Steiner. And if you do chose to sell, no one is going to get you more for it than Mastro or REA.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    PS- was the contract countersigned by Ed Barrow as well? If so you've got 2 HOFers on there.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol

'authentized' this guy needs to be euthanized.

Steve
    Good for you.