Home Sports Talk
Options

Dan Snyder already talking with Bill Cowher?

Rumor going around DC area saying Snyder is giving Joe Gibbs one more season to turn the Redskins around before he is
out and possibly Cowher being in as head coach.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rumor going around DC area saying Snyder is giving Joe Gibbs one more season to turn the Redskins around before he is
    out and possibly Cowher being in as head coach. >>

You think Cowher will be available a year from now? Also, gotta believe coaching for the bumbling Redskins is not terribly desirable, unless you want to go for the ca$$$$$h.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>

<< <i>Rumor going around DC area saying Snyder is giving Joe Gibbs one more season to turn the Redskins around before he is
    out and possibly Cowher being in as head coach. >>

You think Cowher will be available a year from now? Also, gotta believe coaching for the bumbling Redskins is not terribly desirable, unless you want to go for the ca$$$$$h. >>

If he sticks to his plan of taking a year off and then getting back into coaching yes, however, I don't see Cowher and Snyder as a good
    match personality wise.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowher's a great coach and all but I don't see him being successful in DC. He's a lot like Randle El in that they fit perfectly into the Steelers' system and football mentality. Without a strong scouting department, I don't see Cowher successfully rebuilding the team year-after-year like he did in Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I think his ideal situations would be either Carolina or Cleveland (although Cleveland currently has a reputable GM, and Cowher would probably want that job, too)...
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    As a Steeler fan, I'd hate to Cowher go to another team. But watching every Steeler game last year it was obvious to me that Cowher lost his intensity and wasn't the same coach anymore.