Home Sports Talk

Who is your Teams Biggest disappointment?

For me it's clearly Travis Hafner, power numbers and average are way down; dunno whats wrong with him, but i will continue sacraficing an assortment of goats and chickens until he gets better.

I would imagine that for sox fans its gotta be Julio Lugo....

Braves... Andruw Jones without a doubt....

A's Mike Piazza has been a huge bust....

Who is letting you down and giving your nightmares! ?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Sox fan I will say JD Drew, I was hoping to see him shake off his part time injury deal and provide some pop in the lineup, anything lessthan 15 HRs in the second half.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as your Travis Hafner goes he is just too good to not turn it around, he will be just fine IMO, at least Victor Martinez is getting it done and the team is doing well..
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    i'm an orioles fan where do i begin?????
    tejada
    gibbons
    mora
    patterson
    the whole bull pen
    perlozzo

but most of all

the owner mr. angelos himself!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    As a Sox fan: Julio Lugo.

As a Fantasy Team Owner: Travis Hafner.
  • Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

and

Julio Lugo
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

Julio Lugo

and

Julio Lugo >>

I don't know about that. We started calling him Julio Lose-O around my house yesterday.
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Alou, etc the whole Mets team is a disappointment.
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    I like the Royals.
    Need I say more?

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    A better way for me to answer is "Who isn't.."

1) Hunter "I : heart : " Pence
    2) Carlos Lee
    3) Roy-O
    Edited to add
    4) Loretta (even with limited PT)

That is all image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • As a Texas Rangers fan...

Over 35 years, everyhting is dissapointing with a few exceptions,

- Nolan Ryan's 6th & 7th No-Hitter (I had tickets to the #7 No-Hitter game but canceled at last minute)
    - From old Arlington Stadium watching my favorites ... Jim Sundberg, Jeff Burroughs, Bump Wills, Buddy Bell, Al Oliver and others
    - Ruben Sierra and Juan Gonzales were amazing early in their careers
    - Watching the phenomonal Pudge Rodriquez while I lived in Dallas... the greatest baseball player I've seen in person

Yeah, baseball in Texas sucks but there are many great memories!

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    I'm a Marlins fan so....umm....that's all I gotta say about that.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Believe it or not - for me it's Albert Pujols. I guess I have come to expect super human numbers before the All Star break with him. He is still having a decent year batting over .300; 16 hr; and 49 rbi's.

After him, I can name a bunch that have been disappointin.

Adam Kennedy - c'mon, I can hit .210!

Jim Edmonds - he is ending the end.

Scott Rolen - fantastic at 3rd by not having an error all year, but very mediocre at the plate. I really thought his power numbers would be up since his shoulder is 100%. He only has 4 HR.

Adam Wainwright - I thought he would be dominant.

Anthony Reyes - just look at his record and you will see.

Shane

• colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    Jermaine Dye has been a bust for me, as has Andruw Jones
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Pirates Fan

Adam Laroche- Thought he would be a legitimate big league player with a track record but wrong again. His strike out history was alarming but he had good OPS numbers last year and had a healthy improvment from 2005. He can't hit his weight this year with a OPS of 0.672 from a #4-5 hitter? Should of known the Braves wouldn't give up hitting (cause they are in dire need in that dept.) for a set up guy with some closer success.

Zach Duke- Freshman sensation that is now a painfull experiment. He has almost as many walks as he does strike outs 21 BBs/29 Ks in 89 freaking innnings. He does not have a pitch nasty enough to put hitters away and at this level you got to have more than good control. People are hitting 0.354 off the guy! He is always around the plate with mediocre stuff. He might be the only pitcher I can recall that will throw 200 innings and have less than 50 Ks.

Honorable mention: Jack Wilson and his 0.674 OPS and 18 RBI's in 260 AB's.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set

<< <i>
    Adam Laroche- Thought he would be a legitimate big league player with a track record but wrong again. His strike out history was alarming but he had good OPS numbers last year and had a healthy improvment from 2005. He can't hit his weight this year with a OPS of 0.672 from a #4-5 hitter? Should of known the Braves wouldn't give up hitting (cause they are in dire need in that dept.) for a set up guy with some closer success.

. >>

I started the year out with LaRoche on some of my fantasy teams, I had to cut him. I too, thought he would be great, but I think he maybe needs another change of scenary to get back to where he was.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Reyes? hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd say Delgado if anyone on the Mets so far.

Steve
    Good for you.
    Konerko is not where I wish he was
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    As a lifer Angels fan I'm pretty happy at this point in the season. Lot's of injuries but the tremendous farm system is really proving itself out.

I guess my biggest disappointment is with the GM, but only slightly. I would like to see some more pop in the lineup. I still wish we had Glaus at 3rd base.

As time goes by, and these youngsters and those also ready in the minors come up and develop we should be set to have a competitive team for years.

I'd like our management to get something for players they don't plan on resigning via trade once in a while.
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    For the Tigers, I would have to say it's Jones... He's struggling a tad. Their biggest loss to this point though is probably Zumaya, especially now since Rogers is back.

• << <i>For me it's clearly Travis Hafner, power numbers and average are way down; dunno whats wrong with him, but i will continue sacraficing an assortment of goats and chickens until he gets better.
    >>

Hafner goes yard today...must be the reverse jinx in action.

• yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    It's definitely hard to pick just one Cardinal. Rolen? Wainwright? Carp? Ownership?

I don't follow the Astros that closely, stown, but I am curious as to why Oswalt's on your non-disappointment list. He's been a total dud for me as a 3rd rounder in multiple fantasy leagues. His ERA is way up and his WHIP blows so - to an outsider at least - it doesn't seem to be a case of a guy pitching his ass off only to get little run support or no help from the bullpen.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Giants: almost the entire offense and the bullpen.

Oh, and the front office for deciding it was more important to have Bonds hit #756 in a Giants uniform than to rebuild the team around a promising young starting pitching staff being wasted by pathetic offensive and bullpen work.

• 1. Jason Schmidt gets 1 win in 2007.
    2. Nomar Garciaparra has only 1 home run.
    3. 3rd Base.. It doesn't matter who has played there. Betemit, Laroche, Abreau and now Garciaparra. No offense at all there so far.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's definitely hard to pick just one Cardinal. Rolen? Wainwright? Carp? Ownership?

I don't follow the Astros that closely, stown, but I am curious as to why Oswalt's on your non-disappointment list. He's been a total dud for me as a 3rd rounder in multiple fantasy leagues. His ERA is way up and his WHIP blows so - to an outsider at least - it doesn't seem to be a case of a guy pitching his ass off only to get little run support or no help from the bullpen. >>

A majority of his games have been solid, quality starts. I can only think of 1 or 2 games when he gave up more than 5 runs, which shows his consistancy. His ERA is up there a tad as of late but 3.5 isn't too shabby compared to his peers.

It's not Roy at his best but I'll still take it over 99% of the league.

Eh, maybe it's my rose colored glasses but that's how I see it.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

• << <i>I'm a Marlins fan so....umm....that's all I gotta say about that. >>

Hey Arny... at least you can get basically a front row seat to see your team any time without having to pay a premiumimage
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • Pretty easy for the Mariners... Richie Suxson. OK, the guy has been half way decent over the past week, but come one, he was under the Mendoza line for the first 70 games of the season! I can't tell you how many runners he left on base during that stretch, but it sure seemed like 4 to 7 per game for a very long stretch. Only slightly less disappointing has been the starting pitching. It's been better of late but I can't count on that holding. Pretty much everbody (except maybe Felix) can get lit up hard at any time. Lastly, I'd have to go with the combo of Hargrove and the GM. I mean, how can you keep playing a guy like Sexson almost every game when you've got a very capable Broussard on the bench??? M's management spends a ton on choke jobs like Sexson and Beltre (to a lesser extent), and goes out and gets a bunch of jokes to supposedly round out the starting staff, yet they can't seem to get it through their heads that re-signing Ichiro is THE most important thing they should be concentrating on?!?! Yeah, as bad as Sexson had been, I gotta give the M's management the worst grade on the team.
    Jim G
    All-time favorite athletes:
    Steve Sax, Steve Garvey, Larry Bird, Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Andre Agassi, Karch Kiraly, Wayne Gretzky, Ichiro Suzuki, Andres Galarraga, Greg Maddux.
    "Make the world a better place... punch both A-Rods in the face (Alex Rodriguez and Andy Roddick)!"
  • As a braves fan, yeah andruw takes the cake. He is now below the Mendoza line and he isnt showing any signs of coming out of it. It is kind of bitter sweet for me. maybe he will play so badly he wont command as much money in free agency at the end of the season so the Braves can have a chance to resign him.

As for the Adam Laroche mentions, he had a terrific second half last season so maybe he will turn it on post all star break.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey