Home Sports Talk
Options

Braves question

I was watching the Braves game yesterday, and I saw McCann get thrown out in the bottom of the ninth. Salty had pinch-hit in the seventh. If the Braves had tied it, who would have caught in the 10th inning? I had the Braves +1.5 so I was obviously terrified of extra-innings especially since both catchers on the roster were gone.

With any luck, Bobby will break the record on national TV tonight image

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Back when he was with the 'Stros, Hampton said he could catch.

So I guess worst case, he could... Unless he pitched earlier in the game image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    I suspect it might have been either Matt Diaz or Pete Orr, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    Pete Orr was probably the guy they have as their emergency catcher past Diaz.
    I forgot if they left Diaz in the game after he pinch hit in the 8th- I don'tknow if he double switched and stayed in the game.
    Of course they might have used chris woodward- he is useless for anything else so maybe he could have done that
  • Options
    hampton is on the DL all year long- he may be done for the career as well
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>hampton is on the DL all year long- he may be done for the career as well >>

Poor guy...

Wish he never left Houston image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    yeah- i always thought he was a real good competitor and he could absolutely hit a baseball, pitcher or not.
  • Options
    The streak may not have ended if we had hampton last season.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey