Home Sports Talk
Options

Cowher to be in hot demand

Any number of NFL teams could take a run at Bill Cowher. It wouldn't surprise anyone if Cowboys owner Jerry Jones fired Wade Phillips after just one season to make a pitch for him. Patience is running thin with Giants coach Tom Coughlin. The same is true with the Buccaneers' Jon Gruden. But the Panthers, Redskins and Browns probably make the most sense.

He is in a great postion of just being able to kick back and relax this season, evaluate the various teams on his own and decide
where the best fit for him is when they start calling and making a pitch.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Jerry Jones is smart he would do whatever it takes to go after Cowher, Wade Philips is NOT going to be able to harness the respect of his players.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    dont want cowher in dallas. nor do i want wade phillips. bring back JIMMY!
  • Options

<< <i>dont want cowher in dallas. nor do i want wade phillips. bring back JIMMY! >>

You know he really would be their best option.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>

<< <i>dont want cowher in dallas. nor do i want wade phillips. bring back JIMMY! >>

You know he really would be their best option. >>

I think Jimmy is burned out on the whole coaching experience and just wants to take it easy being on the Fox pre-game show.

If he was serious about getting back into coaching I think he would have done it long before now.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    cowher won 1 superbowl. and i think he lost 5-6 championship games 4 which were at home. i think.. i havent checked the stats. to me that means he isnt the best at the big game. hes been out coached to many times.

cowboys need to find a new hungry young coach. the parcells signing didnt do so well. and no way will wade phillips control TO. this is a disaster waiting to happen.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowboys fans - don't worry about this upcoming season. I think Wade Phillips is going to do a splendid job...a splendid job I tell you.

• Options
    mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Cowher will probably end up like the others that left very good teams and then couldn't stay away.
    Goto some stinkers and then fade away..... i.e. Ditka, Mariucci, Seifert, Reeves, etc.
    It's a shame that many want to leave on top, and then have to settle for also-rans when they end up coming back.
  • Options
    Speaking of T.O I wonder when he will start off the year making some headlines?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of T.O I wonder when he will start off the year making some headlines? >>

I'm not anticipating any problems with TO this season.

Just as long as Wade Phillips remembers after each practice and game to personally clean TO's shoe cleats along with giving those shoes a real good spit and polish shoe shine.

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Why is Cowher in hot demand, he went almost an entire career without a ring. Gruden is a winner, Cowher is a whinner.

JS
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942

<< <i>Why is Cowher in hot demand, he went almost an entire career without a ring. Gruden is a winner, Cowher is a whinner.

JS >>

I think this upcoming season is Gruden's last chance to turn things around with the Bucs, if he doesn't then he is out of there.