Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1994 Playoff Larry Allen PSA 10 (POP 2) & 93 Bowman Willie Roaf PSA 10 (POP 4)

Just listed on ebay...

Both Future HOF'ers. Roaf is also in the 90's Team set.

Roaf

Allen

Comments

• Options
    Envoy,

Nice card! Damn, I need that one for my registry set too. Do you finance? image

Good luck with it... as much as I want it, I'll have to wait.

Danny
    Collecting Dallas Cowboys Rookies and Team Sets 1960-1989
  • Options
    Envoy-The Larry Allen is definetly an awesome card-Incredibly tough to get in a 9 let alone a 10! Where did you get this example?

OSClabs-I've been watching your build your registry-everything is very high end won't be long until you challenge for the top spot! Love the avatar!image

Brian
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    Hobart,

Thank you! You have an awesome set also! Let me know if you have anything for sale or trade.

That Larry Allen card is making me slobber...

Danny

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. The BIN is actually set at what the other one sold at in private sale about 2 weeks ago.

I'm taking offers. image
  • Options
    Nice cards Josh. Good luck with those.

joe
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Thanks Joe. I've gotten some great offers offline already, but nothing via ebay yet.
  • Options
    Josh,

I see you sold the Allen rookie! Anyone here get it?

I just submitted two that I'm hoping come back 9 or better image

Danny
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I've got four boxes of 94 Playoff on the way. Hopefully I can pull a decent Allen or Bruce.
  • Options
    Lee,

How many per box on average?
  • Options
    Not sure but I'm about to find out. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Lee
  • Options
    By the number of cards per box and cards in the set, you should get a Larry Allen in every other box. Not such great odds.

• Options
    Wow, those are tough odds...

Do you have any idea how PSA determines which Rookie card will go into the Registry sets?
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, those are tough odds...

Do you have any idea how PSA determines which Rookie card will go into the Registry sets? >>

I have often wondered that myself. When you look at the modern stuff there are so many RCs-is value is the driving factor?

Brian
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When you look at the modern stuff there are so many RCs-is value is the driving factor?

Brian >>

Absolutely, at least that is how it is supposed to work. Most valuable typically means most popular/collectible when it comes to rookie cards.Take the 2 cards metioned in this set. Both are the most valued rookie of each player. At first glance, you might think the 1993 SP Roaf. But the reason is, the Bowman Roaf is FOIL and much tougher, while his SP is not a foil version.

I'm guessing the same about the Larry Allen Playoff card. It is clearly the most valuable of his rookies, but possibly also the toughest to find in MINT type condition. Those 2 things probably go hand in hand and drive the value. When it comes to HOF or Key card sets, many of cards are disqualified based on PSA standards of which cards can be used. Meaning no autographed, jersey or insert cards qualify.

Jason

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • Options
    Jason-

Do you know the reasoning behind using Reggie White's 1986 Topps versus his 1984 USFL card in some of the registries? Thanks!

Brian
    Collecting:
    Dallas Cowboys
    SuperBowl MVPs
    Heisman Trophy Winers
  • Options
    I busted 2 of my boxes and could only find one gradeable star. Luckily it's a Larry Allen. Let's hope the PSA gods are nice to me. I think I might sell the other two boxes if anybody's interested.

Lee
  • Options
    How much for the two boxes?

Do you accept Monopoly money? image

Danny