Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Busted a 94 Bowman Football Box...

Got it for $10+shipping. Seller got it to me in 2 days.

24 packs, 12 cards to pack, I was looking for 3 cards. Tom Nalen, Kevin Mawae and an Isaac Bruce.

I got a single Mawae. Ugh.

I did get some nice cards, Emmitt, Bledsoe, Bettis, Faulk rc...nothing stellar. There are some cards with some nice photography on them though.

Oh well...back to searching commons boxes I guess.

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    I busted 3 boxes a couple months ago, and I have 2 Bruces, 2 Nalens and 1 Mawae at PSA right now.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Are those three cards their respective rookie cards? And, are they worth submitting? I might have some 94 Bowman FB somewhere...
  • Options
    I busted 3 boxes a couple months ago also. I got what I was looking for, but I hated the "labor" it took to open the packs and pry the cards apart...
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Josh,

Sorry to hear that. I busted two boxes last month and hit zero Bruce's, one mangled Nalen and two dinged up Mawae's. image The Bruce rc is really avoiding me these days.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    The Mawae I got is decent and the Faulk is nice enough.

The Bruce gets $7 in PSA 9. Mawae and Nalen wouldn't fare much better. I have them all in PSA 8 (Bruce), PSA 9 (Nalen) & PSA 10 (Mawae) already, but wanted more, or at least an upgrade. No such luck though.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    how many Isaac Bruce 94 Bowman PSA 9's do you have for sale at $7 each?
  • Options
    I have none, hence the reason I was busting the box.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    I was under the impression this was around $30 for his card in PSA 9.
  • Options
    One just closed for $6.71

I missed out. So instead I paid $10 for a box and got skunked...should've just held out for another graded one to show up.
  • Options
    Whats funny is I had to go find the original linke because even using the exact title, this doesn't come up in a completed items search for me and it ended on 6/4. No wonder I missed out on it. I couldn't find it!

Linky
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    I got a nice Bruce out of a set that I bought on ebay a year or so ago. I am sending it in on this months special.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I have to thank drewsef for bumping this thread for me. I actually just had someone mail me a PSA 9 Bruce out of the blue. (Thanks Joe!) image