Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

How does the set registry work for merc's ?

I noticed while scrolling down the list that the sets are ranked in order of completion.Does the grade count ? For example if Collector 1 had 10 mercs that graded MS65FB should he be above collector 2 who has 9 mercs which are 67FB ? In my opinion someone with even 7 or 8 67FB's should be above someone with 10 65FB's.But the way it looks is that completion and not grade is what counts for the ranking.Is this how it works ?
I dont mean to sound like Im whining or complaining,Im just curious how the ranking works.

Comments

• Options
    I just hope that they do not follow the NGC formatting. That format makes me crazy!
    I have never seen a Peace Dollar that I did not like!!
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaron: Completion % x Grade Point % gives you your ranking. If coin is not FB you lose 2 points off the stated grade. Hopefully PCGS will not have a Weighting policy like NGC. IMO NGC's not fair for ALL collectors. Take Care: Ken
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken (Fairlaneman):

I think weighting is coming to all sets, including our Mercs. It seems it's just a matter of time. Hopefully when the Mercs are weighted, no one will be so upset that we lose active collectors! The more people collecting and participating on these boards, the more fun. I mean, imagine how boring it would be to be an active, say, buffalo nickel collector. You never hear those collectors trash talking and then congratulating their felllow collectors.

Mark

Mark