Home Sports Talk
Options

World Series Ending Moments

StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
Which World Series ending moment do you remember the most. I think most remember Joe Carter's series ending homer. I mean the exact moment the team knows it has won and celebrates. For me the two that stick in my head are the 68 Tigers with Freehan and Lolich image

and when Tug McGraw jumps up and down at the pitchers mound.image

What are yours??

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has to be Rentawreck grounding to Foulke who tosses to Mientkiewicz to end the generations-long drought.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>has to be Rentawreck grounding to Foulke who tosses to Mientkiewicz to end the generations-long drought. >>

THE # 1 for me no doubt about it!!!!!
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Moments after Dan Gladden crossed the plate in the tenth inning.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Joe Carter's home run
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    While it wasn't the World Series, I've only been to one series clincher. It's a moment I'll never forget..

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calvin Schiraldi striking out Ray Knight on a high 0-2 fastball to end 68 years of Red Sox misery!! What a game!!

Oh crap, I woke up again. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Calvin Schiraldi striking out Ray Knight on a high 0-2 fastball to end 68 years of Red Sox misery!! What a game!!

Oh crap, I woke up again. image >>

Wait a minute... That is NOT FUNNY!
  • Options
    Cleon Jones's last out catch of Davey Johnson's fly ball. I remember the way that he kneeled down while catching it. (BTW: Davey Johnson was manager of the Mets when they won the 1986 World Series).
    Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    blooping line drive up the middle to do the yankees in against the D-back by luis gonzalas

i always like to see the yanks lose
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Moments after Dan Gladden crossed the plate in the tenth inning.

image >>

I agree, pure magic.

A great game pitched by both Morris and Smoltz.

Nothing like a game seven going 10 innings and ending 1-0
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭

<< <i>Moments after Dan Gladden crossed the plate in the tenth inning.

image >>

I agree, pure magic.

A great game pitched by both Morris and Smoltz.

Nothing like a game seven going 10 innings and ending 1-0

Nail biter!!!!
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Not an ending moment, but I'll never forgive Scott Spiezio for the dagger he plunged into my heart in 2002. I was actually on a run to buy some champagne when he hit it.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I remember it like it was yesterday image

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not an ending moment, but I'll never forgive Scott Spiezio for the dagger he plunged into my heart in 2002. I was actually on a run to buy some champagne when he hit it. >>

Your fault then. Donchya know the actions of even remote fans affect the outcome of games? I'm sure of it.

Anyway, for me it's Bruce Sutter striking out Gorman Thomas in '82. On the flipside, I still vividly recall hurling assorted good luck charms against the wall following the Game 6 fiasco in '85. It wasn't the official end of the Series, but for all intents and purposes, it was. Normally my parents would frown upon me damaging drywall, but I think my dad understood.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage