Options

Football guys: What will this 7 fetch

Comments

• Options
    23.57 max

with shipping
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
    I hope it goes that low, I think this might be my only chance to get this card at a 7 or higher.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    Now ...more than it would have

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Ryan,
    I bought the last 8 from my hobby idol, the great Skinsfan. Not only an incedible guy but I got it or less than $300 !! Using an applicable upgrade /downgrade model I would say $50 to $60.
    Fuzz

PS. Did I mention what a great guy Skinsfan is?
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    PS. Did I mention what a great guy Skinsfan is?

Easy Fuzz. Stuff like that goes to his headimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Fuzz,

I think Shopping Lucy paid around $1800 for an 8 beating out yours truly.

I then paid $800 or so for tyhe next one which was probably still too much.

A 7 has got to be about $150-$175.

Jim
  • Options
    Frank,
    If his head were to swell a little it might better balance the legendary waistline that Shoulda refers to so often.

Jim,
    I think with a pop of 11 now in 8 or better, I think we now out strip the high price demand. There are only about 8 or 9 high sets in this year at the moment or so and I think were are now seeing a price adjustment to refelct that. On technology "early adopters" always over pay for having the first tech gadget and later ones will be cheaper and sometimes better. This may be a similar case here. If you look at the 66T #131 where the pop is 14 with a set or two fewer, this card never created that kind of buzz. I don't remember these going for more than a couple hundred at the height and mostly less than $100. Even the Ode Burrell from the 67 set has only a few more graded but is no where near as high a price. I suspect that we have all overpaid for our copies at this point. But we have them and it was never really about the money anyway.
    Nice to hear from you guys again.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    I feel like i made the big time at last with all 3 football heavy weights all talking smack about me image

For you info fuzz i am down to a slim 225 these days image

I had that Duncan up 3 times with a opening bid of $500 twice then $400 once with no bids i agree with the fuzzy one the will keep going down in price the seven will not reach 50 bucks in my opinion.

Now if you want to see some high $ low pop prices watch what happens if you ever see any of the low pop 67 philly come out ,more low pop cards by far then any other 50 or 60,s set not to mention they are hot

ps FUZZ I CANT BE YOUR IDOL YOU ARE MINE image how are those 67 comic comming along REMEMBER THE SCHOOL OF ART

• Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Looks like the same NM card that sold for $20 on June 10th on ebay.
  • Options
    I have a little experience with 67' Chargers and would estimate this will close under $50. unless 2 people drop fat snipes and get caught. The Duncan 8's were low pop longer than they should've been and after the $1.8K sale the pop started rising as people started chasing the chance for more big $$$. It's still a notoriously off-centered card and genuinely tough to get in an 8 so it will still do above average but the big wave has already been rode.

Then again, the Bolts are worth the extra attention.
    GO BOLTS!!!image
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!