Home Sports Talk
Options

PHIL-LIES PHIL-LIES PHIL-LIES

joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
Please no more Mr Howard we surrender...

Sincerely,
AL Pitching

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to come up with something original. This one's old already.

Sincerely,

The Rest of the World

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets fans getting aggravated. YES!

Don't worry about it - your team will soon be in third place and looking for fourth place. HA! HA!

• Options
    I can't wait to see the look on your pitiful faces when the Mets clinch the NL East again!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Please no more Mr Howard we surrender...

Sincerely,
    AL Pitching >>

Yeah, the Tigers struggled against him and the Phils. They scored like 22 runs against them and Howard was 2-14...
  • Options
    Zach

Still can't get over last years WS? LMAO..oh well

JS
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭

<< <i>Zach

Still can't get over last years WS? LMAO..oh well

JS >>

I have nothing to get over because I wasn't in it, just like the lousy Phils. Guess both of us (the Phils and I) will be watching it on TV again.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was a Mets fan I would be a little shook, they are not nearly playing up to their potential. The Phils are coming on strong..
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if Ryan could start hitting again. The home runs are certainly fabulous -- but the past few weeks, he appears more to be like Dave Kingman than anything else.

But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Howard was an insurance salesmen last night...deep ball to right to drive in two in a one run game int he 9th. Kingman never did that!

Kevin
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Sure, but he was hitting .230ish going into the game, and he now has 68 strikeouts in only 186 at-bats. He's striking out 37% of the time! I'm just a little unpleasantly surprised at how many more 0-fers he has this year, as well as not hitting as much to opposite field, which was his strength last year.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    C.C Sabathia pitching tonight, not some baby faced minor leaguer image

I'll take Howards HR's for my fantasy leagues, but tonight I'd be content with a 1-4 with 3 K's and an Indians win image
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Well, the Indians just dropped 8 on the Phillies...man they are starting to hit again...hope it continues!!!! Go Tribe!!
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    How bout howard!!!

WWWWHIFFFF!!!!image
  • Options
    8 runs! nice image

2 on, howards up... biting my nails!

Every Indians starter has at least one hit.
  • Options
    Boomer Wells meet the soon to be NL HR Leader...RYAN HOWARD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please stop hitting my balls over the fence!!

Sincerely,
    Boomer Wells
  • Options
    Isn't it about time the Sillies moved up from third place???

• Options
    Mets have been losing every time we have, tonight we gain a game and the Mets pitching send out the white flag to the middle of the Phillies line up.
    Howard is hungry and Mets just got on the menu!

JS
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what world you are in stalin but in this mornings paper I saw that the sillies were not even playing 500 ball.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    one game over actually after this blow out win

JS
  • Options
    one game over actually after this blow out win

JS

Yeah, you Sillie fans get all jazzed up about FINALLY getting over .500 again...we'll just finish our job of clinching the NL East AGAIN. Maybe next year you guys can offer some realistic competition??

• Options
    Mets fans sure talk a lot, after winning what, 1 division title in a row?

• Options
    Mets fans sure talk a lot, after winning what, 1 division title in a row?

Stitzen talks alot after being banned like what, 5 times in a row.

• Options
    Well is it, or is it not true? Mets win their first division title in like 100 years, yet you guys talk like the Mets have been winning titles for years.

Not trying to instigate, but it sure is curious behavior.
  • Options
    Well is it, or is it not true? Mets win their first division title in like 100 years, yet you guys talk like the Mets have been winning titles for years.

Not trying to instigate, but it sure is curious behavior.

This from a Mariners fan?

You - instigate? Nah, you talk more krap than anyone (sans Commie boy) and your team has yet to sniff a world series, please come back when either your beloved Mariners win something or you jump on another team's bandwagon.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    alpe-

thanks for your insight, but I was simply pointing out the arrogance of mets fans in regards to other teams in the division when the Mets had gone so long without winning a division title, that's all.
  • Options
    but I was simply pointing out the arrogance of mets fans in regards to other teams in the division when the Mets had gone so long without winning a division title, that's all.

• Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>alpe-

thanks for your insight, but I was simply pointing out the arrogance of mets fans in regards to other teams in the division when the Mets had gone so long without winning a division title, that's all. >>

Jesus Axtell, did you find a boyfriend or what?

This kinder gentler stuff ain't cuttin' it.

Snap out of it and get yourself banned again. You're ruining your reputation.
  • Options
    I guess being in the WORLD SERIES in 2000 does not count? And if you followed the thread the Mets fans here were only replying to what the Sillies fan (Stalin) started.

Now fwiw I have yet to see the M's sniff a WS.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    My point of contention was the arrogance that he said 'another division title' as if the mets have been winning them in bunches, when, in fact, they have won exactly one in a row.
  • Options
    Uh oh, looks like Met fan is crying even more tonight. Durbin is a beast too! 5 hit complete game shut out...can this guy even shave yet?

Its almost 1 am and Ryan Howard is STILL the Mets worst nightmare!

JS
  • Options
    Its almost 1 am and Ryan Howard is STILL the Mets worst nightmare!

Only in your dreams, Kevin, only in your dreams.

• Options
    As usual your point of contention is wrong. Someone can say 'another title' when all they had to win was one prior. It does not have to even be the yr preceeding. Arrogance? Hardly, get off your soap box and stop trying to be some tuff guy. Guys that drive mini crappers are not tuff.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    alpe-

thanks for your insight, but I was simply pointing out the arrogance of mets fans in regards to other teams in the division when the Mets had gone so long without winning a division title, that's all.

OK, my bad.
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi