Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Sick and tired of this....

Why do some people neglect to delete cards from the registry after they sell or trade them away? I have 2 commons in my 1955 set that I cannot enter because some turd or turds will not delete them from their set. PSA sends them an email to delete them once the new owner tries to enter them. Makes me wonder how many sets are really accurate in the finest lists. I sent PSA an email, but Im used to the poor customer service from them. Its been a few weeks and not even a reply saying they are working on the problem. Guess I just have to let some jerk take the credit for my cards. Oh well, they look better in person than they do on the registry. image

Comments

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    If you send front and back scans to PSA, they should take care of this pretty quickly. And I agree with you, people who do not delete their cards after multiple e-mails are idiots.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've been guilty of that a few times, but not intentionally. I've deleted them off the set I had them in, but they were also in a HOF or player set. Fortunately there is now a lookup tool that shows you all the places you have registered a card.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    I hate that too and I also hate when I enter a card in the registry, theres no stat number and they tell me to wait 1 more day before I can enter them... whats this stat number anyways?
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    To clarify Anthony, I am speaking about registrants who ignore repeated e-mails to delete cards, not collectors (like you) who've unintentionally kept cards registered image
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I sent PSA an email, but Im used to the poor customer service from them. Its been a few weeks and not even a reply saying they are working on the problem. Guess I just have to let some jerk take the credit for my cards. >>

Actually you are most to blame here, not PSA. Send the a scan of the front and back and they resolve it rather quickly. Expecting them to just remove the card from someone else's set because you tried to add it to yours is just plain idiotic. So, I am going to register the PSA 9 Bronko the FightOlDC has in his set and PSA should do it because I sent them an email. image
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent PSA an email, but Im used to the poor customer service from them >>

If it had to do with the registry the email went to Cosetta, and I'm positive you'll recieve nothing but prompt and courteous service from her. In that sense PSA has possibly the best service of any company I deal with, in or out of the hobby.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> I sent PSA an email, but Im used to the poor customer service from them. Its been a few weeks and not even a reply saying they are working on the problem. Guess I just have to let some jerk take the credit for my cards. >>

Actually you are most to blame here, not PSA. Send the a scan of the front and back and they resolve it rather quickly. Expecting them to just remove the card from someone else's set because you tried to add it to yours is just plain idiotic. So, I am going to register the PSA 9 Bronko the FightOlDC has in his set and PSA should do it because I sent them an email. image >>

Pardon my idiocy, but my email included scans. Its not PSA that my main gripe is about, as I said Im used to the lack of service from them.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I sent PSA an email, but Im used to the poor customer service from them >>

If it had to do with the registry the email went to Cosetta, and I'm positive you'll recieve nothing but prompt and courteous service from her. In that sense PSA has possibly the best service of any company I deal with, in or out of the hobby. >>

I agree. Cosetta will jump over backwards to help you.

Russell
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know about Cosetta guys. I will try that route.
  • Options
    I've had several dealings with Customer Service regarding set registry issues and my inability to enter cards. In every case they dealt with the situation on the same day that I provided the requested scans. Often within the hour. PSA has a procedure to deal with this situation and it works very well when followed. As for the member that is the subject of your wrath, until recently I was a very infrequent user of PSA services and when I was forced to change my e-mail address I forgot to update my PSA account. I have no idea if they tried to send me any e-mails during that 6 month period but if they did, I never got them. Did I ignore multiple e-mail requests? Am I an idiot? By this logic I may have been.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    41, Im probably just pi$$ing in the wind here. Im not delivering a wrath to any one person, just the principle as a whole. I guess what it boils down to is IMO, when you sell a graded card, the seller should take the responsibility to delete that card from their set. Sometimes people forget. As a matter of fact it happend about 2 months ago to me. The person was sent an email, and it was deleted the next day. I didnt even have to contact PSA. I dont think that PSA should even be burdened with these kinds of issues.
    Thats my ethics on selling PSA cards. image It doesnt mean Im right. Maybe I expect too much.
  • Options
    I'd say the overall point then is that people should delete cards from their registy upon selling them. That sounds like a no-brainer and I doubt you will find many who would disagree with that. However, I think Anthony has made the point very clear that sometimes things happen. Cards are listed in multiple sets and sometimes one of the entries gets overlooked. Heck, this person may have even deleted the card from the set they thought it was in and are wondering why PSA keeps sending these damn annoying e-mails. Most people are not being intentionally negligent in this area. Everybody I have dealt with through the PSA Set Registry program has been outstanding to deal with.

As for the situation that you were discussing earlier, I wonder if the person you bought the card from has that card in their set registry or if it belongs to the person that they purchased the card from. While I can't imagine owning a slabbed card and not bragging about it I know that most cards are not in anybody's sets.

Also, I have one card in my registry which I no longer own. A super bowl ticket was sent to PSA for reslabbing and they LOST it. I was reimbursed for the ticket but I keep it in my registry just in case it ever turns up and somebody tries to enter that Cert Number. I want to know about it and try and get it back or at least find out what happened.
    Learn some history of the game. Join a vintage base ball team in your area and get out there.
    Simsbury Taverneers
    My PSA Sets
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    If you provide a scan of the front and back of the card to prove you own it and the other collector does not delete it from his set, Cosetta or BJ will delete it out of his set.
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    Yes 41, You summed it up. It is a no brainer, thats why its frustrating when it happens. Im not accusing Anthony or any other board member of purposely neglecting to delete items and he knows that. I understand things like that happen, especially people with multiple registered sets. I know the person that sold me the cards does not have them registered, so who knows who has them. I will send another email with scans to Consetta.
    Thanks for letting me vent for a while.
  • Options
    you're making the assumption that your email is reaching the card owner which is not always the case. It is easy to forget to delete a card, particularly if you're selling in high volume; I wouldn't exactly call these sellers turds or jerks. Seems a bit harsh. Forgetful, maybe.

I never had a problem with PSA; Cosetta is extremely responsive and one of the best C-S reps of any company, period.
    Mark B.

Seeking primarily PSA graded pre-war "type" cards

My PSA Registry Sets

34 Goudey, 75 Topps Mini, Hall of Fame Complete Set, 1985 Topps Tiffany, Hall of Fame Players Complete Set
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Not to be repetitive or anything, but...the one time this happened to me, I sent in the scans and Cosetta handled it with speed and aplomb.

With my scanner on the proverbial Permanent Vacation, I hope this doesn't happen again anytime soon...
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I just saw this, and want to add - every time I have sent an email (with front and back scans of the card) requesting help adding a card to a set, I have always gotten a quick and friendly reply from either Cosetta or BJ. They are on top of these requests, and have always helped me right away.
  • Options
    I have never had a problem with PSA after I send a scan of the card thats it .......
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    PSA has excellent customer service. I've never once encountered a rude person on the phone in the 10+ years that I've been dealing with them. Anybody ever tried calling your credit card company? If our lucky enough to get a person that speaks english, they usually could care less about your call because you are 1 of their 12 million customers. PSA always treats me like my call is important. I like that.
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I echo the excellent PSA customer service remarks. No voice mail hell, never any "our menus have recently changed" bull crap, not once have I ever been asked to "press 1 for English."

As pathetic as the SMR is, the customer service of PSA is that wonderful!!

Nick
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i have always had very positive experiences with customer service at psa. this registry problem has happened to me several times in the past and within a day of sending them the front and back scans, i was good to go.
  • Options
    relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    I was contacted by Customer Service recently. I added a new card to my registry and and I though the old card would be automatically be deleted. Customer Service contacted me the same day and metioned that the card needed to be deleted also and by the way they did it for me. Thanks to Customer Service for that.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options

<< <i>

If it had to do with the registry the email went to Cosetta, and I'm positive you'll recieve nothing but prompt and courteous service from her. In that sense PSA has possibly the best service of any company I deal with, in or out of the hobby. >>

I agree, Cosetta is always very helpful both on PSA and PCGS. I had 10 PCGS quarters`I couldn't get released while building my basic quarter set and she got right on it. Most people just forget.
  • Options
    I sent another email with scans the day after I started this thread. Still no response. Im glad some of you guys had next day service,Im just not having the same luck. I sent a member some scans just to be sure my pics were coming out good enough,and he said they were fine. Oh well, I'll try another email at some point.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    from my experience there is only psa registrant who is so rude not to remove cards when you send him an email.

MOSH

i guess since he thinks he has a ton on money and awards he can be a jackass too.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip about Cosetta guys. She took care of business for me! She's the BEST!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    the last few weeks i had been getting emails to delete a card from one of my sets. i did but kept getting emails. when i would check the set online it wasnt there, but if i went into the edit mode it was. i have repeatedly deleted this card but it still was hiding. so then i went and deleted the whole set. hope that clears up the problem.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's