Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Swell football cards

Does anyone know if PSA grades the Swell football cards issued back in 88?? I think they also were issued in 89 and 90....I may have the years one year off but was just curious.

Comments

• Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

They do. Population report lists 540 graded from the '88 set.

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the update. al.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    They do - however, you usually only see autograph cards that have been graded (unautographed cards are very rarely graded).

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Thanks for the info everyone. Greg, does it enhance value of the autographed cards if graded? Just curious since I used to do shows and had several of the cards from the set autographed by the hall of famers.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    For the most part, yes. Personally, I like to authenticate the autographed cards because:

1. It protects the card and autograph
    2. It protects you from forged or "autopenned" signatures
    3. It makes the card easier to sell rather than trying to sell the autographed card raw.

Keep in mind that slabbing/authenticating autographed cards is generally $20 each, which isn't cheap if you're going to authenticate dozens of cards. In the end it's up to you, but I prefer to have mine authenticated which also allows me to enter the auto'd cards in the various registry sets.

Regards,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Greg: Thanks for the info. Do you know if you can submit the cards to be slabbed if you are a regular PSA member?? al.