Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

beware stevenjackson39 took the money and ran

i hate to be writing this, i have had many great transactions on this board, but as some of you may know i have been trying to finish my 86 fleer basketball set and i have it down to 2 cards (barkley and jordan). i posted a couple of wanted to buy threads looking for the cards i needed, and i got a couple of the ones i needed, thank you all. i had one person say he had a jordan in psa 8 available for $400.00, since it was a decent price i started the transaction with stevenjackson39, of course he didn't have a scanner to send me a scan, i guess i should have known then and there that this wouldn't finish right. then he sent me a paypal account that was not active, thebattersboxonline@yahoo.com, and he gave me assurances that i would be able to get a money back guarentee if not satisfied. then he gave me a new paypal account, thebattersboxma@yahoo.com, i thought it was just a typo or something along those lines since they were very similar. i sent payment and he received it. then the run around starts, he has a couple of things going on he said he would get it out to me in a couple of days. then he needs my address again, all the while i'm continously pm'ing him to keep up to date. then he says he's on his way to the post office to mail it but nothing!! then i get this pm'd to me

fred- unfortunately ive been dealing with some personal things the last few days- I learned Wed. am that a close riend was killed in active duty in Iraq. He was a highschool friend whom was there less than 2 months when he was shot dead on a routine check. I have been unable to get anything together but I appreciate your patience and apoligize for the delay. I have a memorial service to attend Monday and the burial Tues but I should be able to get the jordan psa 8 rc card to you this week. Again I apoligize for the delay

so i give him a few days because of his loss and i could appreciate that and the sitution, in fact i felt very badly for him, should i have???

i then get this
just wanted to keep you abreast of the situation and I will be mailing it no later than Thurs- Im getting ready to head to the funeral services in another state but will hopefully be back by WEd or thurs...thanks for the thoughts for our fallen hero

nothing for 2 weeks, then i see a thread on the boards regading this guy not paying for a fantasy baseball league he was supposed to get into with board members. apparently his email is seanzach39@yahoo.com. apparently months before. i told the gentleman who's thread it was i would post the results of the dispute

no responses at all....after a month and 30 pm back and forth, mostly to him, i started a paypal dispute and receive back .10 after it being found in my favor.
now i'm out $400.00 and worse yet this guy uses the war in Iraq and one of his friends getting killed as an excuse. now i do not know whether this person was actually killed, i hope not, but ieven f so why not complete the transaction or respond to my or paypals emails and pm's after all this time?????

i find it dishearting that this happened and under these circumstances. i don't think i have any other avenue for recovery but i wanted to at least let everyone here know so it doesn't happen again.

i live and learn i guess.
Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

Comments

• Options
    Did you pay by Creidt card through Paypal? If so, go to your card company. Inform the of the scam and foward all emails. Even let them know that Paypal decided in your favor. Your credit card company is on your side. Paypal won't go the extra mile to get your money back. Paypal won't like it, but to only get .10 cents back on $400 isn't right. Good Luck.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    pm sent-i totally forgot about this transaction- i apoligize mightily..We will be working this out and we will keep you posted
    Looking to Trade and Buy Tony Romo GU/Autos/RCS
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    How the heck does somebody forget about a $400 transaction. You must have a heck of a lot more money than I do if you can forget something like that.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Yes, very lame. At least he wants to make things right.

Lee
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I sure hope Stevenjackson 39 makes it right but will believe it when I see it!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    he did pm me and i responded, i'll keep you updated
    thanks
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

<< <i> I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your effin' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your effin' head open again. 'Cause I'm effin' stupid. I don't give an eff about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.
    >>

• Options
    Hey Allen, is that your pen? It's a nice pen.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    better than "hollywood flu", that never works for me.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    Billy Mac was a detective down in Texas. You know he knows just exactly what the facts is.
  • Options
    Anyone that forgets about a $400. trade is a liar, a thief , or an idiot...
  • Options
    I forgot to put the seat down...

that would be believable.

i forgot $400 transaction... only if I was a billionaire image
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Maybe he changed the $400 into one dollar bills, and was so busy making a bartop with them, he forgot to mail the card.
    Travis
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Wow--i thought this was just a bad ebay deal. Wow!!image
  • Options

<< <i>image

<< <i> I think in all fairness, I should explain to you exactly what it is that I do. For instance tomorrow morning ill get up nice and early, take a walk down over to the bank and... walk in and see and uh... if you don't have my money for me, I'll... crack your effin' head wide-open in front of everybody in the bank. And just about the time that I'm comin' out of jail, hopefully, you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what? I'll split your effin' head open again. 'Cause I'm effin' stupid. I don't give an eff about jail. That's my business. That's what I do.
    >>

>>

Holy Cow !
    That's crazy .
    That's why I always pay up .
    I like my head right where it is .
  • Options
    Fred

• Options
    he had contacted me a few times trying to work out a payback and now nothing for over a week again. first he said it would take 4-5 days to put money in his bank account to pay me back though paypal, and he asked if i wanted to complete my credit card investigation, i told him to do the bank transfer since the 4-5 days, which i think it's a little quicker then that, would be faster then the credit card co.
    still nothing, i've sent him several emails for updates and pm but nothing
    i'll keep everyone posted.
    fred
    Fred

• Options
    still nothing from this guy

Fred

• Options
    I bet now that he is caught he is trying to find someone to sell him a Jordan psa 8
    Looking for:
    Vince Carter: Autographs & RC's
    Tracy McGrady: Autographs & RC's
    Kobe Bryant: Autographs & RC's
    Dwyane Wade: RC's
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Nah this guy is gone, he ain't worrying about anyone jusy himself.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    What's funny is that SteveJackson complained that he was taken by another collector (I can't remember his name but there was a thread about him) and then he turns around and does the same thing. He should be thrown into the great grinder...

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg