Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS Regsitry Freebie registrations

So I have completed several sets and I thought it was time to make use of the free gradings PCGS offers when you get more than 90% of a registry set.

I made a big mistake in asking for the freebies all at one time.... I was not ready for this. I completed 8 sets... statehood proof quarters, 64-98 quarters, dimes, nickels, cents, halfs, SBA's, Eisenhowers... for a total of 21 freebies.

They sent the forms in the mail and it turns out I have to submit all of my freebies at once. All 21 freebies. As such I don't think I can mix and match regrades with fresh submissions.

If I had only requested freebies for one set at a time, I could have done quarter and half submissions this month, regrade dimes next month, etc... spread them out a little.

Guess I learned...

Comments

• Options
    Ryan,
    That is very interesting. I received free grading submission forms 6 times but never requested
    one for more than one 90% completed set at a time. Seems to me, if you sent only one submission
    in, PCGS would honor it. When PCGS rquires you to send all coins in at once, I believe they are
    referring to, like all 5 freebies at once for the set that is 90% completed. Of coarse, the coins
    you submit must be included in the composition of the particular set. Heck, you might not even
    have the raw coins, regrades, or crossovers, for all your 90% completed sets right now.

I would suggest that you contact BJ at BSearls@collectors.com and inquire about this. She will
    know the answers and respond back to you quickly. Also, let us know the outcome. I will hope
    that you can submit, for each set, individually.

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598
    ProofModerns,

Call PCGS and ask for Cosetta Robbins. Expain your situation to her and how you would like to have your freebees grouped togather. Sometimes they combine the Freebees on one form trying to help the collector out with the postage fees.

The same thing happened to me once, I wanted to use the MS coins submissions as "raw" and the proof coin submissions as "Cross over". I had to send back the form they sent me and Cosetta fixed me right up, just put a note in with the form explaining what you two talked about. The folks at the Registry are great especially when it comes to helping out us collectors.

JMHO,
    Tim
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I still wish it didn't have to be all regrades or all raw, would be nice to mix it up. Oh well, it's a freebie.
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    I was under the impression you could mix raw and regrades with the freebee.
    That as long as they were for the same set, series, denom, it should be ok.
    They are going to break them out of the holders for grading anyway.
    Let us know the answer you get from PCGS. Thanks...
    Dan