Home Sports Talk
Options

Where's JoeStalin with the Cole Hamels update?

DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what the era rocketed up to?

Comments

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Ooops, wrong thread image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin only crawls out from under the bed when he can crow. Hamels was horrible tonight and the Mets drubbed the Twins...a great night overall in my book. image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Cliff Lee Vs. Cole Hamels.

I'm a tribe fan and even I expected the exact opposite... maybe CLiffy boy has righted the ship, if so, that gives us 3 very solid starters.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    how about this update...he sucked last nigh!!!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kevin only crawls out from under the bed when he can crow. Hamels was horrible tonight and the Mets drubbed the Twins...a great night overall in my book. image >>

Grote you have it wrong, he does not hide under his bed. He is in the woodshed, just like he is all football season. image
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Hamels got roughed up for once. Bad choice of pitches and he got behind early. Of course it would have helped if the team scored some runs.

We'll keep him though as long as he stays away from the bar fights. image
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Will still be half way to 20 by the all star break...what do the Mets have....John Maine????

LOL

JS
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    John Maine 8 and 4, 2.86 ERA, will also be 10+ at the allstar break.

Yes that is what we have.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    8K's 1 ER against a potent Astros lineup. 10 wins, with one more start before the break. This guy is gold!

JS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>against a potent Astros lineup. >>

Good one image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    1-0

Sincerely,
  • Options
    Wow, resurrected thread.

1 1/2 Years later I'm forced to eat my words.
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, resurrected thread.

1 1/2 Years later I'm forced to eat my words. >>

wow, what is even more amazing is that you are around two minutes after I post it. Nice! Now where are all those Dodger fans? Oh wait
    WHAT Dodger fans?

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

wow, what is even more amazing is that you are around two minutes after I post it. Nice! Now where are all those Dodger fans? Oh wait
    WHAT Dodger fans?

JS >>

Three minutes. I like to be here to read all the new Phillies threads every evening. It takes several hours to sift through them.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a Hamels jersey from in the mail from some guy in Philly named SteveK...image

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got a Hamels jersey from in the mail from some guy in Philly named SteveK...image >>

Well because you e-mailed me and said you wanted to become a Phillies fan.
  • Options

<< <i>

WHAT Dodger fans?

JS >>

Dodgers fans? I didn't know they had any. Only Lakers fans at Dodger stadium killing some time waiting for basketball season to begin. LOL
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>wow, what is even more amazing is that you are around two minutes after I post it. Nice! Now where are all those Dodger fans? Oh wait
    WHAT Dodger fans?

JS >>

Dodgers fans? I didn't know they had any. Only Lakers fans at Dodger stadium killing some time waiting for basketball season to begin. LOL >>

Hello, Dodger fan here! As far as Laker fans at Dodger stadium...It's totally possible as the stadium holds over 55,000 people, not to mention the Dodger attendence records over the years. But seriously, when I go to a Laker game versus a Dodger game, it's a totally different crowd at both venues. Are you jealous that you don't have a basketball team to root for and we do...I have the LA Lakers and the UCLA Bruins.

Brian
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>wow, what is even more amazing is that you are around two minutes after I post it. Nice! Now where are all those Dodger fans? Oh wait
    WHAT Dodger fans?

JS >>

Dodgers fans? I didn't know they had any. Only Lakers fans at Dodger stadium killing some time waiting for basketball season to begin. LOL >>

Hello, Dodger fan here! As far as Laker fans at Dodger stadium...It's totally possible as the stadium holds over 55,000 people, not to mention the Dodger attendence records over the years. But seriously, when I go to a Laker game versus a Dodger game, it's a totally different crowd at both venues. Are you jealous that you don't have a basketball team to root for and we do...I have the LA Lakers and the UCLA Bruins.

Brian >>

Phillies fan will only be jealous of Dodger fan, when they are on the soft comfy couch watching the playoffs and we will be on the edge of
    our seat watching the Phillies kick the crap out of the AL!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

and we will be on the edge of
    our seat watching the Phillies kick the crap out of the AL!

JS >>

• Options
    The AL sucks

Sincerely,
    Cole
  • Options
    Where are all the "Oh Hamels can't pitch well against all those big bad American League hitters" posts? Not tonight hey? LOL
  • Options
    Do you think Red Sox and Yankee fans are both holding hands under the bed tonight? I think there might be a spark!

BAM
  • Options
    You guys realize this isn't a one game series right?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    aw i thought it was overimageimage
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the obsessive man-love for Toe Camels continues . . . .