Home Sports Talk
Options

Lavar Arrington in accident

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
He was seriously hurt ( non life threatening injuries) in a motorcycle crash- no alchohol involved and he was wearing a helmut, scetchy details online at this point. Hope he is OK

Accidents happen but is this guy been a total bust or what?

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I hope he's okay, but like why am I not surprised by this?
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken leg & arm. Free agency was already going poorly for him. He's done.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Why do NFL players continue to ride motorcycles, especially after Big Ben's accident?

Stupid.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    I'm surprised that all major league sports don't have provisions prohibiting these types of activities...be a good way for the clubs to protect themselves from liability from players doing reckless off-the-field stuff.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Most Contracts signed within the last couple of years do.

One thing is for sure. If Lavar signs with a team, he won't be able to do squat.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I no longer have sympathy for athletes that get into wrecks on their motorcycles. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish harm on any of them . . . it's just stupid though. When you make a living off of how well your body can perform you need to take extra precautions to make sure you keep that body healthy.