Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official 2007 Topps Series 2 Thread...

OK, not as popular as Heritage or Allen & Ginter or Bowman, but it is the one set my son and I build together. I was wondering if anyone here is going to build it or get boxes. I get ours tomorrow and start building tomorrow night......
On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
______
Collecting all Yankees especially:
Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
My Player Collection Needs

Comments

• Options
    I am putting together the set too. If you want to trade let me know
  • Options
    I bought a box. Not sure if I'll go for the set or save my money for 2007 Allen & Ginter. I did do the 1st series though.
    << image >>
  • Options
    JdurgJdurg Posts: 997
    I just bumped my thread in the BST forum about 2007 Topps Series 2. I'm in the process of putting together a set and have a bunch of spares for trade. When you crack open the box and put your set together, let me know if you want to trade as I have plenty available. (I've opened one retail box, one hobby box, and one Target Bonus Box).
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    MY guy was closed today and on vacation the last two weeks. I can see my box with my name on it to the side with some other of my things!!!!!

We will bust tomorrow or wednesday and get back here then.

We openned a Target box. Was excited abou the exclusive Ted William's cards then saw it was the same gimick as the other stupid countdowns....same card new number!!! And what is the deal with Generation Now...dumb inserts!!!!
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496

<< <i>MY guy was closed today and on vacation the last two weeks. I can see my box with my name on it to the side with some other of my things!!!!!

We openned a Target box. Was excited abou the exclusive Ted William's cards then saw it was the same gimick as the other stupid countdowns....same card new number!!! And what is the deal with Generation Now...dumb inserts!!!! >>

Those inserts are why I buy rack packs. With nothin but 22 base cards for $2.97 they're great for kids like me who just do the base set.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>MY guy was closed today and on vacation the last two weeks. I can see my box with my name on it to the side with some other of my things!!!!!

We openned a Target box. Was excited abou the exclusive Ted William's cards then saw it was the same gimick as the other stupid countdowns....same card new number!!! And what is the deal with Generation Now...dumb inserts!!!! >>

Those inserts are why I buy rack packs. With nothin but 22 base cards for $2.97 they're great for kids like me who just do the base set. >>

Good point!!! For series 1 we bought a box of rack packs, more cards per dollar and only the EXLUSIVE insert set basically. We came much closer to the whole set with that box then the hobby boxes from 2006......

Will go that way again this Series. Most inexpenisive way to go.....
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I definitely agree with the rack pack strategy.

I bought about 4 blasters and the colation was terrible. I still only had about half a set and numerous dupes.

I bought one rack box and was able to get within about 25 cards of a second complete set.

I unfortunately did miss out on the excitement of getting a few dozen Mickey Mantle HR cards image (sarcasm by the way)
    Travis
  • Options
    I have not seen any racks yet, I have opened 3 Blasters and have 4 Bonds and a Japanese Dice K.
  • Options
    Opened a box last night and was VERY disappointed. We had terrible distribution and so many doubles, in one pack alone we had THREE SETS OF DOUBLES. What the heck was that?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Needless to say we are open for business on the trading level. My son will be organizing the break today and we will have list galore tonight/tomorrow...

I have a mind to write Topps and complain!!!!

Bryan
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    I don't feel like busting for this series so if anyone gets a complete series 2 set built I'd be interested in purchasing.
    Travis
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    I just did some trading with Jdurg and will be posting my updated need/trade list shortly.
  • Options
    Nice thread here . . .
    How do you guys tell the difference between the series 1 and 2 cards though ?

They are all the same , are their different #'s or something ?
    I just noticed the other day I was buying the #2's and mixed them with the series 1's and have been doing it for about a week or 2 now so they're well mixed with the others .

Can you guys post your needs , also where can I find a complete checklist ?

Also are you guys posting your numbers in the MVP in NYC 2008 All Star Game contest ?

If so , what ranking are you ?

Just curious . . .
  • Options
    Series 1 and 2 form a large set, look at the numbers...

The checklists can be found at topps.com or beckett.com

I will have a list of needs shortly. We do not collect the inserts so I will have tons of them to trade for commons and such....

Looking forward to finishing the set and getting ready for Allen and Ginter. That is my set, the boy does Series 1,2 and UDH with my help and then I do A&G.....

______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    I bought 3 target boxes and the only doubles I got were 3 or 4 checklists. Lucky I guess. As far as the inserts go, pretty weak, but it's not really a "premier" set I guess. I do like the "distinguished service" inserts, those look pretty cool.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for Series 2 Red Backs send me your list.
  • Options
    Here is my needs list and trade list. I am not doing any inserts so they are all available....thanks

Needs:

Base:

336, 342, 349, 357, 360, 361, 362, 364, 365, 367, 382, 385, 387, 389, 390, 394, 396, 399

401, 403, 407, 412, 416, 419, 421, 423, 435, 436, 438, 443, 446, 452, 455, 458, 460, 464, 476, 477, 488, 490, 497, 498, 499

504, 505, 506, 514, 516, 517, 522, 524, 527, 529, 541, 543, 545, 560, 566, 569, 574, 581, 591, 593, 595

601, 611, 629, 635, 638, 643, 655, 657
    For Trade:

Tons of BASE and RED BACK

INSERTS:

The Streak: JD3, JD4, JD6, JD37, JD49, JD55

Before The Streak: JDSF1, JDSF3, JDSF5, JDSF10, JDSF29, JDSF31

AROD: ARHR225, ARHR218

Generation Now: GN208, GN209, GN211, GN258, GN265, GN276, GN279, GN286, GN322, GN327, GN366

Hit Parade: HP11, HP13, HP14, HP15, HP21

Trading Places: TP6, TP7, TP8 (x2), TP14

Ted Williams: TW20, TW26, TW32

Distinguished Service: Joe D: DS21

Topps Stars: TS8, TS9, TS15

Opening Day: OD1, OD2, OD15

GOLD: 652, 599, 464, 347
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    Thanks . . .
    Interesting , nenever even noticed the red backs until you mentioned it .

I picked up 88 packs of the 6 card
    and 50 packs of the 10 card today and still no real great pulls to speak of . . .Nothing really at all , a couple of Barry Bonds hit parade , couple distinguished service , couple of trading places .
    I'm dying to pull an auto'd distinguished service , then I'll be happy .

Or at least a copper or platinum . . .ANYTHING ! image

Munson, I'm gonna get to sorting prolly tomorrow and I'll see what I got for ya . . . I still have nothing logged at all , So I guess I better get crackin .
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have a copper Jose Reyes fs.
  • Options
    Hey, if you get a chance Mr.Allen, could you scan a pic of that copper Reyes, I don't even have a clue what they look like .

• Options
    Hey , if any of you guys get a chance, see if you have GN 116 Mike Napoli .

So far all of the generation now cards I have have a name on the front , all except for GN 116, I'm just curious if it is an error or not .
  • Options

<< <i>Hey , if any of you guys get a chance, see if you have GN 116 Mike Napoli .

So far all of the generation now cards I have have a name on the front , all except for GN 116, I'm just curious if it is an error or not .
    >>

I have several from series one like that. I don't think there is a "corrected" version.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    GN 116 is Hr # 14 BTW, Forgot to mention that before , and I added a scan, before it only came through as a Red X . image

Also, I am kinda excited about the Red backs , I'm wondering if there is a complete set also in the red backs , or are there just a few ?

Out of the 1376 cards I have separated so far, I only have 30 Red Backs , so I'm going to assume they're a little more uncommon than the whites , silly stuff like that excites me image
  • Options
    Red backs are only available in Hobby jumbo packs. There are 10 red backs per pack.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Interesting Mr. PrScott933, thank you .

That is from series # 1 . just checked the list .

So many cards , I'm, losing track . image

But it's a lot of fun .
  • Options
    Thank you again Mr. Prscott 933 .
    I did notice that the other day when i bought packs from 7-11 there were 10 cards in the pack , but in the box from Toys R Us for 19.99 there were only 6 cards per pack .

I appreciate your help .
  • Options

<< <i>Red backs are only available in Hobby jumbo packs. There are 10 red backs per pack. >>

Actually that is not true. I got Red Backs from Rack Packs, single packs and tons from the Hobby Box of regular packs I bought.
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Red backs are only available in Hobby jumbo packs. There are 10 red backs per pack. >>

Actually that is not true. I got Red Backs from Rack Packs, single packs and tons from the Hobby Box of regular packs I bought. >>

cool. thanx for the info.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    This one here struck me as strange , just picked up two more boxes from Target this time , instead of Toys R Us and spotted 2 things different about these cards , the one most obvious thing is , it is written in Japanese and also the card has no signature .
    I have noticed though that the managers cards also do not have the signatures on them . . . but all the players do .
    Hope the scan turns out , it is a little hard for the silver to show up in the scans .
  • Options
    there is a japanese variation of the dice-k card. i am not sure how rare it is. congrats on the pull.
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Yea, everything else on the back of the card is in American, I was just like . . . woe ! That's different .
    I doubt it is rare , nothing I ever pull is image
    But it's still cool lookin & different .
    Thanks for the info Once again .
    I'm really liking this thread too .
    Do any of you guys enter your codes , or do you just throw them away ?
    I have 36 entered so far, The leader Luvs2Play has 365 codes entered !
    That is staggering , considering you don't get a code card in every single pack . . . .
    It's a lot of fun for my son and I though .
  • Options
    i haven't even read the code cards... i assumed they were trash. maybe i should take a second look?
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Oh definitely , hey it's worth a shot , ya never know what that /those codes might hold .

So far after 36 entered though, still nothing but digital downloads, plus it's cool to see where you match up against everyone else as far as how many packs you crack .

Sure would be sweet to win an autographed baseball .
    I think you can even win Tix to the 2008 All star game or something like that .
  • Options
    just got back from target... bought a 20 pack blaster. no great pull but i got a Jason Bay #/999, opening day at busch stadium, joe d service and a barry bonds (i don't like the guy but i heard it's an sp). got 4 codes and entered them, they were all for downloads
    White Whales:
  • Options
    Once you all sort let me know and let's start trading....

I would be very interested in the Japanese Dice-K......

Bryans
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    OK, my wife has been sorting the cards, I had them in teams , she is now putting them into number order and there aint no way I'm going through that, so she enjoys doing that , she should be done later this afternoon image

As far as the Dice K in Japanese print , I'll let ya know what I need and we'll see how it goes .

I have seen 2 versions of the card too, One has the signature on the card but the one I have don't have a signature , I don't know if that means anything to you .

I have the card in American print also and I'm very excited on getting down to some trading .
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    TNT here is the scan of the Copper Jose Reyes #/56 Let me know if you are interested.

• Options
    So far I'm missing 25 cards , but I have 3 more boxes to crack . . .

I'm getting there . . . I'm getting there . . .

Missing from the base set I mean . . .
  • Options
    Wow !
    I swear man , I must have cracked at least 20 boxes of 20 packs and Misc. singles and I haven't pulled a copper yet , that's sweet .

What are you looking to get for that ?
  • Options
    are the copper cards only in hobby packs?
    White Whales:
  • Options
    I'm not sure, but I have opened just about all the different types offered and haven't pulled one yet , plenty of golds , no copper no platinum . . image

The old lady got done putting them in Number order after the last 3 boxes I cracked , I came damn close to finishing the base set , I am missing 8 cards .

368, 378, 468, 486, 557, 583, 600 and 623 .

I'm going to go back into the begining of this thread to separate the ones you need and I'll see what I have for you .
  • Options
    Mr Munson, I have most of the cards you listed , I am only missing

361, 365 , 367 , 382 , 438, 443, 455, 458, 497, 504 , 505, 514, 522, 545, 574, 591, 629, 635 and 655. so I have 52 out of the 71 cards for you and I have put them on the side .
  • Options
    JdurgJdurg Posts: 997
    The Dice-K without the signature is a nice, rare pull. In Series 2, Topps made two versions of the white-backed cards. One version has the signature, and the other version is missing the signature. The signature less version is sorted 1 in every 30 packs. In addition, the Japanese Dice-K card is a short-printed variation of his regular card, so you got a variation of a variation. VERY nice pull. :-) (It's as nice as getting a red-back Barry Bonds card. Something I'm still looking for).
    I collect the elements on the periodic table, and some coins. I have a complete Roosevelt set, and am putting together a set of coins from 1880.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    to confirm what Jdurg said, there are definitely three versions of Matsuzaka's #630 - English, plus Japanese sig/non sig.

I've got quite a few dupes so I should be able to help out with lists. Here are my needs:

Series 1: 45 209 231 234 236 238 241 321
    Series 2: 366 375 401 431 455 463 543 591 595 596 602 603 603

Geordie
  • Options
    TNT, I will take a look at mine and let you know what I have that you need....

Thanks!
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • Options
    Hello guys,
    I'm fairly new here, so bear with me. ;-)

I've just finished sorting a hanger pack box of series 1 and a hobby box of series 2. I've got a complete series 1 set and need 35 to finish series 2.

I also have a few red backs from series 2, and a bunch of inserts from both series that I'd be willing to trade for the rest of my series 2 needs.

Should I post my list, or try to look for other's wants first? I'd love to do some trading, but I'm not really sure of the etiquette.
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    All Right ! cool , thanks for the info on the Dice K 1
    That is pretty good news then . . .
    TNP, I'll take a look and see if I have any of the ones you listed there for both series .

Hey there Mr. F1 Ferrrari and welcome !
    I'm sure you can just post your needs and what cards you have to trade , I'm getting very close on the hit parade and the mantles, so I'm probably going to sit down and see whats what as far as that stuff as well , to see what I need there .

And Mr. Munson, your cards are right here ready and waiting . .
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

Here's my extras:
    334 349 350 352 353 356 357 360 371 376 377 379 381 384 387 389
    395 398 402 403 409 412 413 414 416 419 422 423 426 444 456 459
    463 494 506 515 541 556 558 583 596 602 606 611 612 615 618 624
    631 636 641 643 644 646 658 659(2) 660

Red back extras:
    335 338 346 347 350 388 391 398 400 402 406 407 409 412 415 427
    428 429 439 447 451 459 466 469 481 483 485 498 499 500 516 524
    526 536 550 570 576 579 594 603 620 660

Thanks for looking!!

Edit: List updated 7-7
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    Here are my needs:

Series 2:
    342, 343, 359, 373, 385, 392, 393, 396, 399, 408, 410, 418, 431, 432, 440, 442, 443, 445, 449, 451, 466, 467, 479, 496, 498, 508, 512, 524, 532, 536, 538, 540, 542, 544, 547, 549, 551, 552, 554, 563, 565, 577, 578, 582, 585, 590, 591, 595, 598, 600, 608, 613, 623, 627, 630, 633, 637, 639, 640, 645, 651

-------------------
    Here are my doubles:
    Gone! Listed them on Ebay and lost money... Should have kept them. image
  • Options
    I'll go through my needs and post tonight or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Alright, here we go with the needs. I'm basically done buying boxes because the last few times I have it has been a total waste of my $10.

Series 1- 231,261

Series 2-

331,354,362,366,384,386,402,404,411,412,424,431,434,437,440,442,445,453,462,463,467,472,474,482,508,509,519,540,543,549,563,564,569,578,580,590,606,608,613,619,631,643,651,652,655,657,658

Delmon Young Gen. Now- 1-4, 6-14

Opening Day - 2,3,5,6,10, 12-15

For my base doubles just ask because if I have the card then I probably have a double for it. As far as inserts go, the only 2 insert sets Im doing are the Delmon young and Opening Day so most if not all of my other inserts are for trade.