Date Received: 04/14/2007
Date of Grades Posted: No Date Specified
Date Shipped: No Date Specified

JUNE $5 SPECIAL

PSA Order Status for Submission # 617974

Date Received: 06/12/2007
Date of Grades Posted: 06/15/2007
Date Shipped: 06/15/2007

How can june specials be getting graded ahead of 2 month old march specials? This is ridiculous

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    How can june specials be getting graded ahead of 2 month old march specials? This is ridiculous >>

Quite simply, PSA does not operate on a "First come, first served" basis. Although it is very frustrating for those of us that have orders sitting there, it it cool when you have grades pop a few days after submission.

It could be worse -- Beckett generally won't ship anything (even if the cards are graded) until the time limit -- so if you pay for 45-day service, you get your cards 45 days later, even if it is a slow period for them...

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>Quite simply, PSA does not operate on a "First come, first served" basis. Although it is very frustrating for those of us that have orders sitting there, it it cool when you have grades pop a few days after submission. >>

I agree with you, but if you call them they'll tell you they do grade them in the order received and then remind you that there's no guaranteed turnaround time on the $5 specials.
  • Options
    I guess for those of us that have had grades pop shortly after they are logged in than a long wait is frustrating. But for me who has never had grades pop early or quickly the change in policy to not having a guananteed turn around is just another kick in the rear. I don't know if I just don't pay attention to my orders and that's why the seem to end up in the problem pile or the time of the month I send them (usually late in the month of a special) is the reason they always take so long. Bottom line for me is that based on that and the policy of PSA to charge you for shipping one or two cards that cause the problem order whether they are graded or not has caused me to rethink send anymore cards to be graded. I guess it doen't matter as I have never sent more than 100 cards at a time.

Disgruntled Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    Howdy! I see all of this discrepancy in grading times as PSA's #1 customer service flaw! I see posts week after week and month after month bashing psa for their inconsistency in grading times! It is ludicrous for a business of this caliber to have disgruntled customers because of some gettting preferential treatment and others being made to wait for 45 days. I, like most collectors, don't mind the wait as long as it is fair for ALL!! I've had waits of 1 week and some of 43 days... Of course I'm pleased when my grades pop so fast but I feel for others on the boards who are doing the same special and end up waiting 40-45 days... Hopefully PSA addresses this MAJOR PROBLEM and fixes it in 2007 so that things are graded in the order they come in!! There's my 2 cents!
    Paul
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    People can always opt for a quicker turnaround time, they just need to pay a premium for that serivce...

RedRomad -- I think part of the reason that your submissions often end up near the bottom of the pile (much like mine) is that you submit a lot of oddball and esoteric cards that typically require additional research, etc. -- so they more often than not get relegated to the "deal with it later" pile...a place my Mike Schmidt submissions seem to be quite comfortable.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I think there could be a lot of truth to that statement and something as obvious as the nose on my face that I didn't think of. I can say however that I haven't come to grips with that fact. I guess if I could afford to submit more often then I would be used to it. So still counting days hoping they will make it to me before I move in August.

Not so disgruntled Red

Looking for 81-84 Topps Stickers in PSA 9 or better, 81 Topps Scratch offs, 83 Topps Fold outs in PSA 8 or better, 83 Fleer Stamps and 81/86 Fleer Star Stickers in PSA 9 or better.
    >

• Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I do hope whoever originated this thread has been in contact with PSA. I'd have to guess their order in on the problem shelf.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I just sent in two more submissions today. Had to thin them out to only things I needed for my sets as I'm kinda broke. So it's a 27 and a 23 card order this time around. I hope they find their way to "graded" in 3 days. Especially after the 90 day debacle I had last time around. The last batch left my hands on 3/10 and were back in my hands on 6/11.
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I can relate to your problem

2nd order
    --------------
    Date Received: 05/31/2007
    Date of Grades Posted: 06/11/2007
    Date Shipped: 06/12/2007

1st order
    ---------------
    Date Received: 05/07/2007

HEY JOE, How 'bout explaining this to all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure it would be fascinatingimage
  • Options
    Called CS today finally. I guess if I'm going to complain at least I should do everything I can to get all the info. I was told the official count is 47 days and that they would send an email to whoever to let them know this. Somehow I don't think I'm the only one in this position so I'm trying not to let the cynical side of me think that this is just the brush off and I should just shut up and color. I'm hoping this is genuine CS support and my order will pop in the next day or so. Who knows.

Red
    47 days and counting

>

• Options
    I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing these kinds of posts but it's burning my rear. I'm currently at 49 days and counting. Unbelievable.

Red

>

• Options
    still waiting on order logged 4/18 (order already spent 3 weeks on problem shelf). what happens if PSA passes the 47 days?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Not a dam thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Received: 05/07/2007
  • Options
    51 days and counting. This is the worst.

Once again disgruntled Red

>

• Options
    I emailed Joe in regards to this issue. Not about me specificly but the amount of specials, turn around times, and the first come first serve orders idea. He replied back quickly that he was out of town and he didn't feel that there was to many specials but if I wanted to discuss it with him he would be available this week to talk it over. I guess I need to find his number so I can call.

Disgruntled Red

>

• Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    Joe is usually pretty good about that stuff. He's very cordial via email and on the phone as well as in person. Laura Rosenberg is the Customer Service manager, try emailing or calling her.