Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Do we have a Consensus or a few verbose members

When I log on to the forum I always check to see how many users are online. I usually find 50 to 65 people signed on at any one time. Below is a cut and paste off the home page when I logged in today.

There are currently 65 users logged in.
There are 4372 users registered to the Collectors Universe forum.

65 users only represents about 1.5% of all the registered users. Are they all on-line for the PCGS Registry Forum? What percentage of the registered users are currency collectors or stamp collectors? What percentage of these users have PCGS Registry Sets listed or even care about the registry?

If the registry is truly for the collectors benefit, then let the collectors voice be heard and let them have some form of representation. Also, make sure that this voice is speaking for the masses and not for select few.

Regards, Dennis

Comments

• Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Most of the users are people who stopped in to see how much the wheat penny they found in circulation is worth, how much the circulated silver dollar they found in Grandma's dresser is worth, or what to do with the common circulated coins they inherited. Though they are made to feel welcome and invited to stay once their questions are answered they leave never to return. Of the 65 you see logged on now probably 10 are on the US coin board, 10 on the foreign, 5 here, 5 on the open, and the rest are Sports Card guys on their board.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    Dennis, that's why I like dpoole's suggestion for PCGS to use the forum polls feature. If they would post potential changes to the Registry in the form of a poll question and leave it open for 3-7? days (so that all of us working stiffs that can't constantly monitor the boards can vote), I think they would get a good idea of the consensus of the (active) Registry participants...
    Regards,
    Chris
  • Options
    Dog97, wasn't it you that left the boards a while a back due to all the bickering and back stabbing that was taking place? Wasn't it the recruitment efforts on my part along with others- PM's begging you to return- participation in you eBay/Yahoo auctions- that finally got you to do so?
    Now, here you are participating in the very same behavior you so strongly condemned back then.

Or, did someone leash the REAL Dog97 and steal his password?
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    MM what are you talking about? dog was just answering a question and he is right.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • Options
    MacCoin- You're right. I over-reacted and also did so in response to a post he made on another thread.
    My error.
    MM
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    it be ok old dog likes errors look at that cent

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer