Home Sports Talk
Options

Nice win Mets

I don't usually get excited over just one regular season win but this one was sweet. Ended the Yanks nine game streak and ended the Mets losing streak. Beat Clemens and did it at Yankee Stadium. Reyes was great again. I know it's just one game but I hope it gets the Mets back on track.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice time to end the slump -- keep it up!! image
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was definitely one they needed to win! Perez has been alternating between Cy Yound and Anthony Young all season, but he was brilliant tonight. Mets bullpen not needed to blow this one, lol!

That Reyes is sure something, though. The best leadoff hitter in either league, IMHO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    The Spankees suck. you know it and I know it.

JS
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Spankees suck. you know it and I know it.

JS

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that was one heckuva win streak the Mets just had.

One game! LOL
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They looked AWFUL against the Yankees last night, at least they took one game though.

Beltran? When is he going to start crushing the ball again??
  • Options
    This just in:

Mets players are refusing to play unless the field is air-conditioned.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    Mets players are refusing to play unless the field is air-conditioned.

sad thing is im begining to agree with you...image
  • Options

<< <i>Mets players are refusing to play unless the field is air-conditioned.

sad thing is im begining to agree with you...image >>

I think it's obvious now that just rampantly signing pampered, prima-donna, overpaid "superstars" left and right is not the answer anymore to winning a World Series or even getting there. Although the extra talent does win games in the regular season, but there's no real motivation by most of these players to do more.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭
    Spent some time today reading the recent SI article on Mets GM Omar Minaya. I have to say that his story is inspiring and he seems to know what he's doing.

I am impressed by his motivation, positive attitude and his knowledge about his own limitations. He sounds like a true leader. Someone who understands that he does not know everything and assembles a successful business team around him that he relies upon for advice and guidance.

The best part of the story for me was his work with the Expos, his first GM position. He took the job after being turned down by many teams. MLB needed someone to just carry the Expos until their planned demise as part of the Red Sox/Marlins/Expos sales. Omar however did not sit still with the team and put together two seasons that surprised the league.

The other great part is his childhood in Queens after immigrating from the Dominican, and the return to his childhood ballpark as Mets GM. A true success story.

A good man, even if he is with the Mets. image