Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Congratulations Skylaneflyer and JWMerrill on your '67 Sets

I just noticed that Skylaneflyer and JWMerrill have both completed the 1967 Topps Baseball set in the PSA Registry. Congratulations to both, and especially Sky, for attaining such an impressive grade level and maintaining a high standard of quality as it was being assembled. That's one of Topps finest offerings, if not the finest, so both of you have a lot to be proud of. I'm sure both of you are still far from finished since upgrading is the next challenge ahead of both of you. Again, congratulations.

Comments

• Options
    Wow!image Incredible effort gentlemen! It look like Skylaneflyer is only missing one card in at least PSA 8 or above, and it looks like JWMerrill has that card (#180, CURT BLEFARY). I can't believe JWMerrill has a scan for each card!!!!! You both make the PSA Registry better!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Amazing stuff indeed! I know that I have often been thwarted on the Phillies PSA 9 cards from that set anytime they have come on Ebay.

Congratulations on a set that needs very little in the way of upgrades.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for the kind words. I have been very fortunate to have found some great people to work with in building the set the last couple years. Dude, thanks for the Larry Dierker, as it was the card that completed my set. But there is still more work to do, I can still use a nice #180 Curt Blefary in PSA 8 or better as well as trying to upgrade the 8's.

Thanks,

Sky
    "Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

"Give me a reason to fly, and I'll be there"
  • Options
    I'll have to echo Sky in thanking you for the kind words. It was a lot of fun putting the set together. As you have noted, the set will still be a work in progress as I work to upgrade some of the cards in the set. Thanks to all who have helped me put this set together... Sky, ACOWA, and EF to name a few who hang around the boards.

Jim
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    Nice job gents.
  • Options
    Indeed, a wonderful task that skylaneflyer and jwmerrill have accomplished. The GPA's are incredible and I also enjoy looking through jwmerrill's images (some of us actually navigate through these!). Acowa is also maintaining a respectable pace in completing a beauty of a set. Again, thanks for the images as well.

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    That is an outstanding acheivement. Both should be commended. I've been considerin do that set for awhile and have been tracking the market and have been following the registry. It's pretty active. Maybe, someday...

JWMerrill,

I noticed you made a big jump recently. Did a dealer give you a big volume discount or what? If so, who?

• Options
    bubba,

The big jump came when I got back about 300 cards that I submitted to PSA. I've had many of them since the 70's and I also made a couple good buys of large lots of NMMT 67s on ebay that accounted for many of the cards. I just submitted about 300 more last week to try to upgrade some of my cards.

Jim
  • Options
    Congratulations guys and good luck upgrading. A complete set . . . I wonder what that will feel like?
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    JWMerrill,

Way to go! That's the way to do it! I think there's a right way to build a set and a wrong way. You're doing it the right way. Also, thanks for displaying your cards.

Kevin
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Gents...

All I can say is...WOW!!!!!

Carlos
  • Options
    Congrats to both of you. It's a major feat to put together a mostly PSA 8 or better set and I'm sure you both invested a large amount of time and money to complete the sets. I hope we'll see more complete sets posted from the various years in the near future.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    Truly, Congratulations!

One he11 of an accomplishment!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES