Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

$1000 90% silver ONLY!! US and Darkside!! - updated....

This is on Hold till July 30th.

All 90% silver ONLY!!

Okay folks, it's tag time! Here are the official rules for this tag:

THE RULES

1) All contact info shared between all members of the tag.

2) Once a tag begins, no one may be added to the list.

3) A detailed list of items contained in the box will be both kept by the sender and included in the box. The receiver will mark off the coins they take and add their additions to the list. They will also make a copy of the altered list for their records.

4) All box transactions will be posted to a tag thread which will be started by the person that initiates the tag. For example, if I remove an UNC 1885O Morgan from the box and added an UNC 1896 Morgan I would post something like: "Removed UNC 1885O $1 and replaced it with UNC 1896 $1." This way everybody can track what's going on with the tag and knows exactly what to expect when the box gets to them.

5) No person may keep the tag box more than 5 business days to insure timely completion of the tag.

6) You must have completed a minimum of 4 swaps in this forum and they must have been successful. I really don't like getting burned and neither will anyone else.

7) If you take 1 item from the box and wish to exchange it with several coins that equal the proposed amount, you need to disclose the dates, mm, and type of coins. If any of the participants wish to take ANY of the multiples of coins that were in exchange for a single coin, That is acceptable for this swap, they must update the listing in the box and keep a copy of the updated listing with them.

8) YOU WILL PM ME WHEN THE BOX ARRIVES AND WHEN IT DEPARTS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

9) Please remember that like the forum swaps, this is not a place to get rid of junk coins nor mangled coins. Holey coins will be allowed but only if dated prior to 1888.

10) MOST IMPORTANTLY: BOX WILL BE SHIPPED USPS AND INSURED FOR DECLARED AMOUNT! You will update the tag posting here with the tracking number.

This tag will be for 15 members. First 15 to pm me with their contact information will be in this tag. Coins will be initially valued from $50 - $150 with box content to not exceed $1000.

On the eve of June 22nd, I will post the starting contents of the box and the members in the order in which we will participate. I will try and coordinate the geographical areas of the tag members to alleviate any non-essential cross-country shipping.

As members who have swapped with me in the past or participated in the last tag, you only have to ask to be scheduled either closer to the start of the tag or the end to coordinate with any planned "away or vacation" times. I am very flexible on this as the last participants are aware of.
Last tag went VERY well!!! Let's keep up the momentum...........

******Here are the specifics of the Tag********************************************

******This tag is inclusive of both US and DARKSIDE**********************************

3 Tiered:
Classic Silver (Pre-1920)
Contemporary Silver (1921-64)
Modern Silver (1965-Present: Basically Bullion)

There will be a max cap of 4 Bullion per participant on the tag return if wanting Classic or Contemporary! That means that if you are exchanging 2006 SAE's for either Classic or Contemporary, you can only add 4 Modern and go the rest of the valuation with either Classic or Contemporary to equal the amount. Reason being is that we want the last person in the tag to have choices other than 20lbs of bullion to go through and then have to ship that around. Please don't ask to take out 4 classic and expect to replace it with 20 bullion...it's not going to happen on this tag.

If you are swapping Bullion for Bullion, then there is no limit on the tag.

On bullion take out, participants can take out as much bullion as necessary to equal valuation of either Classic or Contemporary silver - ie...if you have a slabbed 1853 arrows 25c that is worth $250 and you want bullion and there is enough in the tag box...you can.

For fairness of participants- IF DARKSIDE COINS ARE RAW, coins must be photo'd and pm'd to me for valuation based on either a three member viewing or consensus of the tag group. This is due to my semi-ignorance on how to grade darkside material.

Coins that are holed will be permitted but only pre- 1888

Toned RAW coin tag trades MUST be photographed and pm'd or email'd to me PRIOR to commiting to swap!!!
Toned slabbed by any of the top 3 will be acceptable - pm me for valuation we can negotiate if additional premium based on either a three member viewing or consensus of the tag group.

"Classic silver" and "Contemporary" list coins - GUIDELINES!

PCGS graded coins = 100% of pcgs price guide
PCGS rattler coins = 105% of pcgs price guide
NGC graded = 92% of pcgs price guide
New holder ANACs coins = 88% of pcgs price guide
Raw coins and other grading service coins (and old anacs) would be valued at the LOWER of greysheet "ask" or 80% of pcgs price guide

If tag box exceeds 12lbs, pm me and I will have the box sent to me at my cost and I will exchange out bullion for classic or contemporary silver and send the box to the next participant on the list....I don't want to have shipping costs be the bane of the tag.

***The participants will HOLD any coins from the tag box until the tag is completed and all raw coins have been approved of. This is to protect all individuals that if a coin is bad in some way (counterfeit, incorrect mm, blatenlty cleaned) that it can be returned back to the participant and have it replaced.

Remember: If you are planning to be away at any point, you must contact me and we can reschedule you around your time of leave.

Have fun and Enjoy!!! Any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will respond usually that day.
This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• Options
    eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    I already have the first 2

Claychaser
    Ajia
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭
    Earl , If you are hosting, sign me up!

TC71

• Options
    You are 3rd on the list!

Claychaser
    Ajia
    TorinoCobra71

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in tooimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    Gotcha Jim

Claychaser
    Ajia
    TorinoCobra71
    Musky1011

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
  • Options
    Boom, you are IN!!

Claychaser
    Ajia
    TorinoCobra71
    Musky1011
    Boom

• Options
    BigJohnDBigJohnD Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be in
    If you need any info, let me know.

Thanks,

John
  • Options
    BigJohnD is our 6th entry!!!

Claychaser
    Ajia
    TorinoCobra71
    Musky1011
    Boom
    BigJohnD

• Options
    MillertimeMillertime Posts: 2,048 ✭✭
  • Options
    No problem Shane!!! You are in!

Claychaser
    Ajia
    TorinoCobra71
    Musky1011
    Boom
    BigJohnD
    Millertime

• Options
    Still have room for more!!!!

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    7 is a good number - in my experience, these get a little too long after 10 participants and then back to the host for final approval on everything.

So, got any busties going in ther box??????image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Yes, there is one Bustie in the box.

I am calling the cutoff at 5pm MST tomorrow evening if it's at 7 then 7 it shall be!!! launch time for the box is 3:30pm MST Monday!!!

• Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭
    Am I to late to the party?
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    Received PM from SBeverly and unfortunately will not be able to make this tag.

• Options
    ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Update?
  • Options
    Putting the contents together as we had some really nasty weather over the weekend that took out trees and power.

Will update after work.

• Options
    BoomBoom Posts: 10,165
    Who goes first Earl? Are you doing an "I want it" next sort of rotation or drawing #s out of a hat or??? Excuse me if you've already addressed this as I did not take the time to re-read the original post.

7 is a GREAT #. It's a lucky # and MY lucky # too. It's God's # as well. image as are 3, 12 and 40. DYKT?

My Dad was Dan Segura #7 (salesman #) and behind our Home is the 7th Hole of a Robert Trent Jones/ Pete Dye Championship Golf Course. YEAH! I LIKE 7. BTW, the Name for that 7th Hole is "Church Is Out" because it's tough but fair .... a long Par 5 that ends at the top of Richelieu Circle as it Dog-legs right behind Nativity of Our Lady Catholic Church! Lots of 7s, huh!? MUCH COINCIDENCE!!

Those of you who do not believe in God .... that's your perogative, just as it is my perogative to BELIEVE in Him! image
  • Options
    Ok, I will be drawing to place by tomorrow. I am waiting on a couple of coins that are out on appraisel and should be back by tomorrow. Looks like Boom has his position chosen already!!!

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Let's light this candle!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    I am on hold with this as I am fighting with an individual on some of the coins that were to be included in this tag (busties) and will have to figure on different coins instead but need to get to the bank this week and dig through them.

Thanks for your patience all.

• Options
    Ok, that didn't go well, but the individual is now behind bars and I am saving up for a couple of coins to make up for what I didn't receive that was going in this Tag.

Thanks for your patience.