Home Q & A Forum
Options

First Strike Labels on 2007-W Gold Uncs

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
I recently received 2 submissions back from PCGS that were send in on the same, and received the same day. I paid the $10 per coin extra on both submissions for the 'First Strike" label. One batch contained one ounce and 1/2 ounce coins, under the $30 "regular" fee structure. The second batch was $14 "modern" with the 1/4 and 1/10 ounce coins.

So, for the more expensive regular submission I got a plain blue label, no flag, that said "First Strike" in regular type. For the cheaper submission, I got the expected PCGS First Strike Flag Insert.

When the customer pays the $10 upcharge, shouldn 't he get the "flag" lable instead of the plain vanilla one?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options

<< <i>I recently received 2 submissions back from PCGS that were send in on the same, and received the same day. I paid the $10 per coin extra on both submissions for the 'First Strike" label. One batch contained one ounce and 1/2 ounce coins, under the $30 "regular" fee structure. The second batch was $14 "modern" with the 1/4 and 1/10 ounce coins.

So, for the more expensive regular submission I got a plain blue label, no flag, that said "First Strike" in regular type. For the cheaper submission, I got the expected PCGS First Strike Flag Insert.

When the customer pays the $10 upcharge, shouldn 't he get the "flag" lable instead of the plain vanilla one? >>

Yes, the $10 charge is for the special label. Please send the coins in for a free reholder.
    Ron Guth
    President
    PCGS CoinFacts - the Internet Encyclopedia of U.S. Coins
    www.CoinFacts.com