Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Never Never Again Will I Make That Mistake...

Of going to bed at a reasonable time on a work night. Miss a few hours of board time, wake up with 50 messages in the inbox, and the world has once again changed overnight.

Even after an hour of reading, I'm still pretty confused as to what all happened and where we stand.

Keith
Keith ™

Comments

• Options
    I agree

matt
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"
  • Options
    I didn't have the PM's but I agree that I am confused also.

matt
    "the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your mistake going to bed, or reading what was there this morning?

I think the problem was that there was a massive brain storming session, and then people started to jump the gun on a process. People were choosing "leaders" before there was anything to be led and so on.

So, we are back to square 1, what ever that means.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I know what you mean. Subscribing to some of these threads can really fill up you inbox in a hurry. Here is my synopsis of where we are.

1. The "infamous Wondercoin and HD thread" started about leasing etc. of coins.

2. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about.

3. Mitch revealed it was all a "joke" meant to raise awareness.

4. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about.

5. Discussions started about the usefulness of a Registry Council

6. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about.

7. Rick Montgomery "nominated" Mitch for the position.

8. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about.

9. Mitch declined the position.

10. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about.

11. We are back where we started.

12. Members went nuts wondering what this was all about

Greg
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    This is Square One:

Game One:
    Players: Rick Montgomery and The Slabby Joes
    Goal: find "somebody agreeable to Rick"
    Rules: Rick is agreeable to Mitch.
    Ready, Set, Play: *&%$#)%#@*%(!$@*%(^!(%&#@^&()#^&

OK, OK, OK. That didn't work too well. Back to the old drawing board........

Back to Square One:

Game Two:
    Players: Rick Montgomery and The Slabby Joes
    Goal: find "somebody agreeable to Rick"
    Rules: Rick is agreeable to Mitch.
    Ready, Set, Play:
  • Options
    Greg,

You've definately got a handle on the situation. And to think that I could have just read your post and saved myself a lot of time these past few days!

Ken
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean Keith. It's been too cold to work so I have been home and watching this 24/7 and I'm still confused sometimes, especially with all the different threads relating to all the other threads and ideas changing at the drop of a hat.
    I think it means this:
    Wondercoin made a weird thread and tripped everybody out.
    Nothing has really changed.
    PCGS made a post about listening to us; I think they were saying if you want to change parts of the Registry you should get together and lobby your favorite dealer who specializes in that part of the Registry.
    PCGS would rather the dealer who actually knows the market & collector's wants in that area work with PCGS than 500 disjointed emails saying for example "Varities is the greatest idea and will make the Registry boom and PCGS lots of money" then the next email saying "If you add varities PCGS is stupid and the dealers are crooked and I will cancell my sets, sell my CU stock and never speak to you again."
    I think. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.