Home Metal Detecting
Options

Grrrrrr

I'm trying, albiet unsuccessfully, to put up a picture of a key I found today. I've followed the same directions from Jerry that allowed me to post a picture of the fabulous fake diamond eternity ring. I cannot understand why it's not showing the darn pic! I'm able to get to browse, upload, select KodakEasy Share, then nothing. Any thoughts from the experts? By the way, I'm being this persistant because it's not your garden variety key. image

Mary
Be Still and Know

Comments

• Options
    Mary, I feel your pain. Here's really the easiest way to do it. Go to photobucket.com and get an account set up. It's free. Once you have done that, all you need do is log into photobucket, browse your hard drive for the photo to upload, and click the upload tile button. Once the picture is uploaded, you just right click and copy the image code that you want to paste into a thread. When you want to paste the picture code in the thread, you just right click and paste. Give it a try.

Get'er done so we can see it!

Gary
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Gary,
    I'd like to git 'er done cuz if I don't soon, I'm gonna shoot 'er! lol
    Actually, the directions you gave me are identical to those from Jerry. It's worked before, it makes no sense that it's not working now. However, I shall persist until I conquer this monster!!
    Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Ok i put this together real fast since i see a few people having difficulties trying to post pictures using photobucket, this is not intended to poke fun or anything like that...sometimes its just easier to see pictures step by step...

Step 1. photobucket set up your account

Step 2. Click Browse to locate the file you want to upload image

Step 3. When the new window opens find the file you want to upload( my example is a 1900-O morgan dollar labeled morganfront) image

Step 4. Add as many photos as you want then click the upload button image

Step 5. Locate you new photo in your album when it has uploaded. you want to left click the bottom option highlighted "IMG CODE" (one click and it will say copied) image

Step 6. Start a new thread in whatever forum you want and just right click the text box and hit paste ( or use a shortcut hold Ctrl and then press V) image

Step 7. A string of text should appear which is your picture after you post the message. image

That is about it, i hope this helps someone out

P.S. Mary i am assuming that you already have the picture saved to your computer? (i know its a stupid question but i have to ask)
  • Options
    Even if not... I typically upload them straight to the net from my camera, and completly skip the computer part. I just upload it straight from the "removable drive" which is my camera.
  • Options
    Hi Bill, thank you for the pictorial-tutorial. (had to say it, right??) I've done this before, and tried it the last few days more times that I care to admit to, all to no avail. I wish I could get one of you to come over and help with this dumb thing. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong, but doing wrong I am. Grrrrrrr If oneof you wants to sendme an email address, I'll send the picture over and maybe whoever can post it for me. Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Ok, this will teach me to look for PM's before posting notes. Gary already volunteered for picture duty. Thanks Gary image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Mary's leopard key. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks Gary!!
    Ok, this key is standard house-key weight, with no markings. I have never seen a leopard print key, any guesses what it might have unlocked?
    Mary
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    Probably one that you can buy at Lowes with the prints on them. Ive never actually looked for specific ones... but I would wager thats it.
  • Options
    ive seen one like that at wal-mart, i have a tye dye one for my house key
  • Options
    Mary, When you go to "Photobucket" did you SIGN IN???

This is your photobucket web site:
    http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w252/mmetcalf207/

After you SIGN IN you should be able to upload your photo.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    ManMan Posts: 1,002
    Just your standard key. Here's the site that supplies the blanks.

http://www.animalkeys.com/
  • Options
    Jerry, I have the log-in saved so I don't need to sign in each time. But that's good suggestion and I'll try that. Thank you!

Everyone else that has already seen these keys:
    I need to get out more!

Be Still and Know