Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why did this circulated 1972 Type 2 Ike go for so much money?

moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
I know these are rare, but why did this circulated 1972 Type 2 Ike go for so much money?

Auction Link

Thanks,
Charlie

Comments

  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question.
    I believe the buyer is a member here....hopefully, he can chime in...

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

  • Options
    I already have a link on this Coin. I want this Coin. My top bid was 187.00 and before I could bid the Price was over 200.00 Man I wanted that Coin.
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭


    << <i>Good question.
    I believe the buyer is a member here....hopefully, he can chime in... >>



    It wasnt me.. Though I did bid.image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one just like it in a roll at the local shop a few weeks ago. Hope he can get this type of money for his.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Now I know the pics are not the best but If you look at the Coin there is hardly bag mark one and I see very little wear if any. I bet it would slab 63
    RACC
    I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Its a nice coin. But definately AU.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason it went for so much is because the coin is a nice Unc.
  • Options
    not AU, that is un circulated at a nice one at that.
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was me that bid that high based on the pics.

    Although it's not recommended, I'm betting it's an UNC based on the pics. We've all been down this road before and have been burned, but for me, more times than not I've made out pretty good. If you look at the sellers past feedback, he has other 72 IKEs listed with satisfied customers, so I don't think he's playing games with the pics.

    It's a gamble and I'll let you all know how it turns out.
  • Options


    << <i>It was me that bid that high based on the pics.

    Although it's not recommended, I'm betting it's an UNC based on the pics. We've all been down this road before and have been burned, but for me, more times than not I've made out pretty good. If you look at the sellers past feedback, he has other 72 IKEs listed with satisfied customers, so I don't think he's playing games with the pics.

    It's a gamble and I'll let you all know how it turns out. >>



    Sounds good keep us posted!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500 ✭
    the picture of the coin makes grading difficult

    it may be a 64 or 65,

    which would make it actually cheap, compared to true value
  • Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it in hand. It's a 63, or 64 on a good, good day. The pics did a good job of hiding some chatter. It's still a nice coin that I'll just hold in my collection for now, I won't bother submitting it at this time.

  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424 ✭
    Shot 66 at NGC? image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear it is UNC....Massscrew, thanks for letting us know.

    I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file