Mitch was selected by pcgs to be the liason between you and me

Says who? Mitch?
    Matt
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    edited to say aint got to worry about it now
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    Mitch has my undieing, 100% full support. Whatever Mitch needs to get the ball rolling, lets give it to him.
    Enough of the bickering.
    Enough of the jockularity.
    Enough of the horseplay.
    Enough of the shanagigans.
    Enough of the monkey business.
    Enough of the grab@ssing.
    Enough of the towel snapping.

Let's get down to business. Serious business. Registry Business.
  • Options
  • Options
    a few quick thoughts...
    payola, kickback, favors.
    Not that these are what he'll want or get...butttttt
    I know those were the first words that popped in my mind when i read that.
    I feel this could adversly affect his buisness, and his reputaion! I know I speak boldly from my #35 1900- type set(with PR69dcam)
    I have bought a single coin from mitch...gee a 69dcam. The coin was ok,what am i? not a cent collector. What got my attention from the transaction was the mailer was hand written and not printed. That said something to me...

I dislike the idea of a dealer being involved with the choices of what makes a set and what doesn't, that's kind of a no brainer. "Oh i have a stockpile of this...let's add it to the set". But, my feeling here moreover is that IMO this would be a bad buisness move for Da'Man!

the thoughts have really been bothering me, and wanted to share.
    Mitch, what ever you do choose to do, do it well!

dan

image It's Her's
  • Options
    ?
  • Options
    The original intent of the council was to have several guys be laision with PCGS so what danarchy said wouldn't happen. But apparently somebody didn't like that idea, Mitch said it was rick, now there position has changed, I'm really getting confused. a confused dog is a bad dog.
  • Options
    Youre changing and editing your post as fast as i type mine. i thought Mitch always has been the relayer of registry set issues.
  • Options
    Here's some facts:

Fact #1 - From the posts these past few days, it's obvious that many people care about the Registry. That is good!

Fact #2 - It is also clear that there are widely varying opinions on most subjects. That is life!

Fact #3 - The board members here want some form of representation with PCGS. We would like a flow of information back and forth.

Fact #4 - Rick Montgomery wants Mitch to be "da man". We didn't hear this from Rick himself, but I'm sure Mitch isn't making it up. There are some good reasons for choosing Mitch. From what I understand, he lobbied hard to get the Registry in the first place.

The following are my opinions:

Personally, I think Mitch would be half-crazy to accept this responsibility. You guys are a tough crowd sometimes. image Some say that a dealer shouldn't have this position - that they will gain inside information and make a killing. The other side to that coin is that if he does accept, there are some who will feel alienated and will make their opinion's known here...probably loudly and often. As a businessman trying to keep a good reputation, that's a tough call to make. I have to believe that if he accepts, it is because he feels like he can be instrumental in improving the Registry, not in personal gain.

If he does accept, then I think we all should give him the chance to be "da man". Nothing is going to change overnight, and nothing should. We should continue to hold rational discussion here on the boards, and when an idea is developed enough and a consensus is reached, then Mitch can present it to PCGS. Hopefully, there will be two-way communications on these matters.

Perhaps if Mitch does accept, he would embrace the idea of a council to help him with this treachorous task...

• Options
    you mean like double dog dare him...nahh.

I understand he is a big boy, and is capable of making his own choices.(seems very well at that!) I am also aware that he knows what he faces.
    Like I said, i did need to air my thoughts. And I am glad I did! Also, happy for the reply. I do not doubt that he can handle relaying thoughts to Mr. Montgomery,and agree he has a fine buisness and relationship with the board, and collectors not so web based.
    As so many people recently have brought to mind, there does need to be some interaction between the board and the company. I do hope when all is said and done the sets are to most everyone's liking.Also to have the comunication needed between a buisness and a client, as we all are. Last but not least to see threads on the coin boards that have to do WITH COINS!!! I have been lurking over here a long time, with this forum like the rest i have learned alot. I plan on continuing to take everything in I can! I just want to see the best for this forum, just as i want to see it for the rest of the coin forums.

thanks for taking the time to reply to my post(s)

enjoy your evening,

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ?

• Options
    Now THAT would be madness, Dog. They make so many different stamps each year you could never keep up!

Your 1997 set would turn into 300 stamps...all of course in PSGS holders!

Rock collecting...now there's a fine hobby.

(I only edit to correct dumb typos)
  • Options
    I read Mitch's thread. Now I see clearly again. image
  • Options
    RegistryCoin do you have pull at PCGS? image
    The bad thing is I was already sucking up to Wondercoin, calling him the King etc. I really couldn't live with myself if I had to do it over again so soon. You all don't have to worry about my nice coins going to ACG, like I said <<<a confused dog is a bad dog.>>>

Now what we gonna do?
  • Options
    Umm... just in case nobody has pointed it out yet (I'm not going to read 4 days worth of frenzy to find out!) it appears that large numbers of you have gone PATENTLY INSANE. Has there been any talk of, gee, COINS in the last few days?

Best I can tell the madness started with Mitch and HD's ill-advised hoax post, perhaps that can be written off to New Year's eve overindulgence. I'm hoping the rest of you are just on a four-day bender too. image

Back to the topic at hand, no obviously I wouldn't want Mitch representing me. As those who've read our friendly debates here know, we have major philosophical disagreements regarding the registry. And I sure Mitch or others who share his views wouldn't want me to represent them.

I would think if Rick or someone at PCGS would like to have input from collectors on the registry... hmm, let's see, they could create a message board, maybe even a special registry forum within it, and let's see... VISIT IT now and then. Maybe even post what they were proposing to do with the registries before they did it and (gasp!) ask for feedback. Then make a better-informed but executive decision.
  • Options
    Supercoin we are lost now. Do you want to be our leader? Say yes! PLEASE PLEASE
  • Options
  • Options
    Supercoin - Now there's a novel idea...
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Tad
    Here here.That is the way!!!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Wait, that's what I said about twenty threads and 300 posts ago.
    Tad just said it better.
  • Options
    Like all publicly traded corporations, if you want to be Da Man, buy up a 5%+ stake in the Collectors Universe stock. I guarantee you will have Rick's ear on any matter you wish to discuss -- including the type of coffee he should drink in the morningimage.

Perhaps a stock club could be formed by the self appointed council to purchase enough shares to gain notice by Rick and others at PCGS.

Just a thought,

Tim Schmitz
    Senior Numismatist
  • Options
    Tad, Well put, and I certainly agree...not that it seems to matter image

Greg
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tad, you hit the nail on the head. This whole council idea came forth because PCGS does not come here and read what is written, nor ask for opinions here. Hence, Spooly thought we could go to them with what comes from here.

Oh, how do they say it, "The more it changes, the more it stays the same"
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    BRdudeBRdude Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Great post Tad, and isn't this the perfect pic of the harried corporation, not having time to do what is at it's heart?? Perhaps they are too busy writing reports, attending strategy meetings, and possibly even grading coins to keep an eye on us here. I kind of think these messageboards have become an albatross to them, a place that only complicates their daily routines to the point that they don't want to take the time for it. Now all of us buying stock to attempt to get a voice FINANCIALLY....THAT is a good idea, We'll form a corporation with Spooly as CEO, and others mentioned as officers, all of them (or us) with an even financial commitment of shares of stock. I don't know how many shares CU has, or what percentage might give a person or group of people an ear, but it's something to think about. What would $25 or maybe even $50 per person with say 200 or 300 of the over 4k members buy in CU stock?? I hear it's pretty low, so it might not be a good investment, but with enough of us, with a little each, could maybe make a difference. What is down, can go back up image

Dog, "edited to say" is HILARIOUS!!! LMAO!!!
    AKA kokimoki
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed
    Join the NRA and protect YOUR right to keep and bear arms
    To protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not soundness of heart. Theodore Roosevelt
    [L]http://www.ourfallensoldier.com/ThompsonMichaelE_MemorialPage.html[L]
  • Options
    AvarelAvarel Posts: 143 ✭✭
    Perhaps its the anarchist in me, but this entire conversation about a PCGS council or playing kingmaker is utterly ridiculous. Tad's thread was dead on. You shouldnt have to go to these lengths to get noticed by the very company whose website everybody plays on. This is a service industry, this is a service company whose existance is owed primarily to providing a service to the various hobbies they service. They are at the shows, they have a customer service group, and they have this forum: should they not have the pulse of the coin world?

The small group or individual that becomes proconsul represents only a tiny fraction of the multitudes of coin collectors out there. PCGS would be far better off to listen to the whole rather then some small forum here, and as far as I'm concerned, thats what they should do. Find your channel of listening and use it. The most important thing PCGS has is its credibility. Its credibility for making a good grade based on the coin is central to its business. But it better be piped into its base or that base will disappear in time. Nothing says another group of great graders with an ear for listening to us collectors won't setup shop and drive the market forward. I don't care whose name is on my slab, as long as I know they grade soundly and listen to the ideas I may have about those series I collect.

Off my soapbox once again.

Chirsto duce vincamus

Pro Deo Et Patria
  • Options
    MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    OK GUYS how about a new king each day. Wedsday is good for me. RegistryCoin what the he|| are you trying to say? you seem to be drawing a blank.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer