2 40599560 1968 TOPPS 250 CARL YASTRZEMSKI N/A 8
3 40599561 1969 TOPPS 260 REGGIE JACKSON N/A 8
new pics

Comments

• colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    very nice Jackson!!! Hell, that is a beauty of a Jackson!!! Good sub. image
  • mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    Congrats!!!
    Nice as an 8 can be, coulda been a 9 though!
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I was hoping I could get the 9. Its probably in the top 5 of all the PSA 8s out there of this card.
    I think I would try again, but be careful cracking!!!
    I may, I think Ill take it to PSA at a show and have them do it in person. What do yall think though?? Try again???? Or keep a very very high end 8??
    I may be interested in trading these cards. And if you didnt know I love Pete Rose cards. PM me if you have an offer. But Im going to have to ask over SMR bc this card is just too nice, and I think it should be a 9.
  • colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    how much are you looking for the Reggie?
  • leadoff4leadoff4 Posts: 2,392
    Where did you purchase these cards before they were graded?
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    tough to tell from a scan but the corners look like they have slight touches on them which would be apparrent under magnification and the determining factor from an 8 to a 9
    No I checked it out. There is one corner. The bottom left that has a tiny tiny chip, not wear. And Ive had 9s have it before. Very high end. Once I get it back Ill take photos of the corners.
  • BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I just checked the SMR and dang there is a huge jump in price. I can't even imagine what a 10 would go for. Congrats and such a nice card!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a close-up of the corners when you get the card back as I have interest in it.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
    No problem. I think they will be here on wed so ill email more pics. I hate to sell it but I need money for a PSA 1963 rose
  • That is a sweet Reggie . . . I don't care what no-one says .
    Minor flaws . . . everyones got em . . .
    That one there will probably stay the same way for the next 2000 years , someone is always gonna care about it .
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No problem. I think they will be here on wed so ill email more pics. I hate to sell it but I need money for a PSA 1963 rose >>

Thanks. I look forward to them.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • I guess that's why someone like me could never work at PSA doing grading .

I'd grade with my heart for certain .

When I was growing up I wanted to be Reggie .
    And we don't even have the same kinda hair .

I'd slap a better grade than an 8 on it for sure .

image Even if it was bent image
  • It's just a little bend . . .
    It's Reggie man !
    Reggie to me back in the days was synonymous with the New York Yankees .

Hell . . . . Baseball! What the heck am I talkin about ??
    Here is mine. Yours is much nicer.imageimage
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Truly a great card. 8 or 9 when it is that pack fresh does it really matter?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one sweet card, handyman! And it took some stones to bust that 69 wax pack, too! Did the Jackson come out of that pack? Great pull!! I agree that it's right between an 8 and a 9, closer to a 9 than an 8, IMO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Handyman,
    I would be very interested in purchasing that Jackson from you.
    Please drop me an email at: robinson209@comcast.net to discuss further.
    Thanks!
    Kirk
  • mojorobmojorob Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Handyman,
    I failed to mention that I have a nice 63 Rose Rookie PSA 8 that I might be willing to part with.
    Hope to hear from you. Kirk robinson209@comcast.net
    PM me about the offer.
    Thanks
    Derek
  • Handyman,

I'd pay $ 1000 for your PSA 8 Jackson RC. Email me at machemehl@insight.rr.com if interested.

Thanks,
    Mike
  • handyman: that is one tremendous Jackson RC. Most have tilt and the lack of tilt on yours is what makes it so rare. Congrats!

Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • And no Greases either . . . image
    MacPSA. Email sent.
  • bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭
    handyman,

I remember the thread from when you first posted the Jackson... I thought it looked like a 9 ....

I think I might give it another try...

Sweet card either way...
  • sayheykid54sayheykid54 Posts: 779 ✭✭
    I would sell it on Ebay with a high starting price. I would be interested in it.
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Yeah, I'd bid on the bay too.
  • 1960toppsguy1960toppsguy Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    I own the 7th current finest Pete Rose registry set, and would be willing to bust it for a shot at that Jackson.
    http://www.psacard.com/set_registry/display_cards.chtml?rsetid=65192&alltime=no&rank=7&tied=0&requesttimeout=9999
    Rose
  • Nicer then a 9 i sold Novella a few years ago.
    Maybe it's just my eye, but the card graded doesn't appear to have the same centering as the first posted picture. Is it a different card? It sure looks like it.
    My bad. I just noticed that It was posted by somebody else.
    My scanner looks a little dirty. But this is one sharp card.
  • I would definitely try a crack and resubmit. That could easily become a 9...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
    I was just thinking that. I should have sent them more cards. The group I sent it in with was only 3 cards and none of them were 1969s. I sent in a 1952 Bowman and a 1968 Topps card with it. All completely different cards. I always see to get grades that I feel the card should, when I send over 40 cards. But who knows. I love this card no matter what case its in.