Home U.S. Coin Forum

Has a specialized book ever been written on Three Cent Nickels?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to vaguely recall that one had been done, but don't remember anything about the title or author.
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    The one I'm aware of is The Authoritative Reference on Three Cent Nickels by Kevin Flynn and Edward Fletcher.
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's another one:

The Ultimate Guide To U.S. Three Cent Nickels, 1865 to 1889 by Allan Gifford, hardbound.
  • MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased the Gifford book. I think the book has 500 poorly written but incredibly detailed pages, with pictures sometimes very good and sometimes very poor. The author tries to illustrate all of the dies used for proofs and all of the dies used for small mintage MS coins. Sometimes the pictures of the coins are much too small to make any reasonable comparison and often the details about the dies is poorly organized. The book is quite expensive and I'm not totally sure it's worthwhile.
    Mark

• kevinjkevinj Posts: 972 ✭✭✭
    Updating the Three Cent nickel book, The Authoritative Reference on Three Cent Nickels,
    adding a date by date section, also added new archive documents found.

Looking to see if there are any Three Cent nickel experts which might want to contribute a page or two
    on collecting or investing in Three Cent nickels.

Also curious if any new die varieties have been found which should be included in the book.

Thanks
    Kevin

Kevin Flynn
    Kevin J Flynn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file