Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Change of Heart- The Council is a dumb idea.

I respectfully change my mind. The council is a dumb idea. Can you imagine a group of gasoline buyers wanting to advise Mobil? Or, a bunch of hackers wanting a say in Cisco's business? This is truly an inane idea. If we were CLCT shareholders, then we might have some basis to tell them how to run the business. But, consumers telling the company how it should run? That is insane.

I'm thinking about taking this "Counsil" logic and calling K-Mart to ask to start a K-Mart Council. I waited in line too long there and want more direct representation. Maybe, K-Mart will give the K-Council veto power on checkout personnel.

Are we so self-absorbed that we don't realize that CLCT is a private business??

Comments

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    James I understand your point, but remember these coins are paid for by the collectors. PCGS WANTS us to Register are coins! Then PCGS changes the rules with no notice (the quarter set). I bet if you have some really good ideas and some good points even K-mart would atleast listen and reply. Asking PCGS to communicate with us is not to much to ask. Plus this group is not going to have vote power. Just offer advise to make the Reg Sets better.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    James, you think so? My question isn't so much how you came to this conclusion, but why it took you so long to do so.
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone wants to change the business practices at PCGS/CLCT. It is for this "club" that everyone is a member of. If K-Mart had a blue light club, the members may want to have some way to communicate dislikes with procedures. They could always just quit the club, which is not the thing that K-Mart would want.

If the registry owners get too upset, they will start leaving, and PCGS will be without all of the revenue that the registry hype is creating.

I am not saying I am for or against a council, just that this only deals with this very small portion of their business, and your analogies do not seem to apply.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't think any council is going to set company policy at CU or PCGS.

It seems like what spooly was suggesting was a group of collectors who would aid in giving voice to the the greater group of collectors so that those making the decisions at CU/PCGS might have a little more insight into the feelings of some of their more frequent customers.

More of an "advisory group" than a "council".

If PCGS accepts it, and uses the information that it provides, we should all benefit.

My only concern is that if it isn't put together in a coherent manner, PCGS will just reject it outright.

In our favor, I do think we have a "deep pool" of knowledge here among us, and plenty of qualified folk to sit on whatever kind of panel that is decided upon.

Hope whatever happens, happens for the best,

madmike
  • Options