Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Thinking about another TAG starting up here pretty soon. Proposed rules in thread now. THIS IS NOT

What say the masses that we do a SILVER ONLY Tag this time?

90% or 40%?

All years?

Set a max cap of 5 Bullion per participant on tag turn?

Slabbed, unslabbed or mixed?

$300, $500 or $800 box?

Once I start getting some feedback, I will set the TAG guidlines based upon the above information.....and yes, I will do a set grouping similar to ClayChasers prior TAG where there will be 3 catagories, A list, B list, C list.
This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.

Comments

• TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭
    If you host it Im in!

TorinoCobra71

• Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    OK count me out thenimage

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    Um....Ok, but......

my last line stated:

Once I start getting some feedback, I will set the TAG guidlines based upon the above information.....and yes, I will do a set grouping similar to ClayChasers prior TAG where there will be 3 catagories, A list, B list, C list.

Can I get some feedback first guys????

Thanks!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

• I would like to give it a try.
    Ok, Please include all Silver bullion coins US and Darksides

PCGS,NGC,ANACS slabs

Raw Silver

How about "Big Silver Only"

Jim

• claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in please!

I am too s-l-o-w with mine! I'm still planning on it later, but Earl is on the ball now!

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    I have a nice unc 2007 2 pound Britannia waiting for this tag

Jim

• ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    I'd like in.

Personally, 90% Silver.
    Graded at PCGS values (or lower depending on TPG- similar to Claychasers tag)
    Raw at silver prices + ? (depending on grade)

3 Tiered:
    Classic Silver (Pre-1950?)
    Contemporary Silver (1950-64)
    Modern Silver (1965-Present: Basically Bullion)

JMThoughts
  • I'll probably get in on this one.

David
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    This is the tentative tag....if any questions, pm me and we will alter as need be.

All 90% silver ONLY!!

Okay folks, it's tag time! Here are the official rules for this tag:

THE RULES

1) All contact info shared between all members of the tag.

2) Once a tag begins, no one may be added to the list.

3) A detailed list of items contained in the box will be both kept by the sender and included in the box. The receiver will mark off the coins they take and add their additions to the list. They will also make a copy of the altered list for their records.

4) All box transactions will be posted to a tag thread which will be started by the person that initiates the tag. For example, if I remove an UNC 1885O Morgan from the box and added an UNC 1896 Morgan I would post something like: "Removed UNC 1885O $1 and replaced it with UNC 1896 $1." This way everybody can track what's going on with the tag and knows exactly what to expect when the box gets to them.

5) No person may keep the tag box more than 5 business days to insure timely completion of the tag.

6) You must have completed a minimum of 4 swaps in this forum and they must have been successful. I really don't like getting burned and neither will anyone else.

7) If you take 1 item from the box and wish to exchange it with several coins that equal the proposed amount, you need to disclose the dates, mm, and type of coins. If any of the participants wish to take ANY of the multiples of coins that were in exchange for a single coin, That is acceptable for this swap, they must update the listing in the box and keep a copy of the updated listing with them.

8) YOU WILL PM ME WHEN THE BOX ARRIVES AND WHEN IT DEPARTS. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

9) Please remember that like the forum swaps, this is not a place to get rid of junk coins nor mangled coins. Holey coins will be allowed but only if dated prior to 1888.

10) MOST IMPORTANTLY: BOX WILL BE SHIPPED USPS AND INSURED FOR DECLARED AMOUNT! You will update the tag posting here with the tracking number.

This tag will be for 15 members. First 15 to pm me with their contact information will be in this tag. Coins will be initially valued from $50 - $150 with box content to not exceed $1000.

On the eve of June 22nd, I will post the starting contents of the box and the members in the order in which we will participate. I will try and coordinate the geographical areas of the tag members to alleviate any non-essential cross-country shipping.

As members who have swapped with me in the past or participated in the last tag, you only have to ask to be scheduled either closer to the start of the tag or the end to coordinate with any planned "away or vacation" times. I am very flexible on this as the last participants are aware of.
    Last tag went VERY well!!! Let's keep up the momentum...........

******Here are the specifics of the Tag********************************************

******This tag is inclusive of both US and DARKSIDE**********************************

3 Tiered:
    Classic Silver (Pre-1920)
    Contemporary Silver (1921-64)
    Modern Silver (1965-Present: Basically Bullion)

There will be a max cap of 4 Bullion per participant on the tag return! That means that if you are exchanging 2006 SAE's for either Classic or Contemporary, you can only add 4 Modern and go the rest of the valuation with either Classic or Contemporary to equal the amount. Reason being is that we want the last person in the tag to have choices other than 20lbs of bullion to go through and then have to ship that around.

On bullion take out, participants can take out as much bullion as necessary to equal valuation of either Classic or Contemporary silver - ie...if you have a slabbed 1853 arrows 25c that is worth $250 and you want bullion and there is enough in the tag box...you can.

For fairness of participants- IF DARKSIDE COINS ARE RAW, coins must be photo'd and pm'd to me for valuation based on either a three member viewing or consensus of the tag group. This is due to my semi-ignorance on how to grade darkside material.

Coins that are holed will be permitted but only pre- 1888

Toned RAW coin tag trades MUST be photographed and pm'd or email'd to me PRIOR to commiting to swap!!!
    Toned slabbed by any of the top 3 will be acceptable - pm me for valuation we can negotiate if additional premium based on either a three member viewing or consensus of the tag group.

"Classic silver" and "Contemporary" list coins - GUIDELINES!

PCGS graded coins = 100% of pcgs price guide
    PCGS rattler coins = 105% of pcgs price guide
    NGC graded = 92% of pcgs price guide
    New holder ANACs coins = 88% of pcgs price guide
    Raw coins and other grading service coins (and old anacs) would be valued at the LOWER of greysheet "ask" or 80% of pcgs price guide

If tag box exceeds 12lbs, pm me and I will have the box sent to me at my cost and I will exchange out bullion for classic or contemporary silver and send the box to the next participant on the list....I don't want to have shipping costs be the bane of the tag.

***The participants will HOLD any coins from the tag box until the tag is completed and all raw coins have been approved of. This is to protect all individuals that if a coin is bad in some way (counterfeit, incorrect mm, blatenlty cleaned) that it can be returned back to the participant and have it replaced.