Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Motion to have Spooly, ModMan, Typetone, TomB, and Cosmicdebris lead the Council

Here are my reasons:
Spooly - got involved, organized and unselfishly resigned before anything even happened, he can be trusted
Typetone - Greg is solid, diverse and likes to ponder
TomB - didn't he crash the tanker and light the first match on all of these subsequent threads ? We do need a little grounding from a dealer
Cosmicdebris - the heart, soul, and insight to the team (the team anchor). Also, he likes Zappa.
ModMan - give him the 2x4 should the other 4 get complacent, point him in the right direction and let him go. He can also cast the tiebreaking vote (scarry but should help the other four build a coalition of 3 to avoid his tiebreaking vote). Also, DO NOT LET HIM DEAL WITH ANYTHING REGARDING $$$
My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??

Comments

• MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    shouldn't the leaders should have a registry set that would be nice for a registry council. collector council with dealers that is kind of a kick in the pants. PCGS and dealer are kind of sleeping in the same bed? five people voteing for me and my sets. so in the long run whats the council doing for me and my sets again????? we should be humble and be happy with whatever PCGS and there dealer want. I think we going to have to live with it or join a differant online coin club, board or what ever this is that PCGS has give us.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • fantasiize..maybe you are having a fantasy..why would anyone nominate modman for anything? He's got no numismatic knowledge, no registry sets, probably no coins, and is just a loudmouth troublemaker who has to stick in his worthless two-bit opinion on everything whether he has anything intelligent to add or not.
    when judgement day comes..
  • My selection of the 5 nominees is based on diversity (you must admit, MM is as diverse as they get) to help the council "see the forest from the trees". Now, having discussed diversity, I just realized that I had no females in the mix. I assume that the other 3 folks are ok (Spooly, Typetone, Cosmic) so the issue is TomB and MM.

Need to have a dealer's diverse input. Also, I think that the "wave" from all of this discussion was started by Tom's post. Finally, I think that the entrepreneural spirit of a dealer is needed.

ModMan (aka the "fly in the ointment" of the PCGS boards) is necessary from a dimensional thinking (free spirited) so the whole thing stays "fresh". His non-registry set is another diversity.

CC,

No fantasy here, I believe ModMan DOES have some coin knowledge and has showed it numerous times, in his own way. Again, his "fly in the ointment" or different outlook is probably a trait on this board and probably not his true self (no psychoanalysis, just a hunch).
    My eBay Items

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

• FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Obviously there will be no council, nor is there any hope of their ever being a council. Sorry.
    Matt
  • "classiccoin" you took on a whole new handle just to post this? Dang, you MUST be infatuated with me dude.
    I know the effort required now to take on a whole new name and trick PCGS into believing you really are a "new member".

Good job. You pulled it off. Now, go pull yourself and get off.
  • fantasiize - heart and soul I like that. image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • MacCoinMacCoin Posts: 2,545 ✭✭
    co'op is the word we should be using. we ain't going to war we are spending $$$. everyone knows the man with the money is heard first.

I hate it when you see my post before I can edit the spelling.

Always looking for nice type coins

my local dealer
  • With no registry czar, I still think this is a good representation.

I also like to poll idea (perhaps in addition to or instead of this advisory board, maybe that could be one of the polls)
    My eBay Items