Home Sports Talk
Options

double OT Cleveland Vs. Detroit...NBA playoffs.

anyone else watching?

Comments

• Options
    lol guess not!

hell of a game. lebron had 48 points, scored the last 25 points for the entire team.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    I tuned in for the last two minutes of regulation, the last two of the first OT and the last 40 seconds. I was very disappointed that in one of the sequences Lebron was completely out of control driving to the hoop and the refs bailed him out with a bogus foul. Detroit did manage to tie it up though. It wasn't as criminal as the crap the refs pulled on Dallas last year in game five, but it was pretty bad.

That is probably it for me though, I just don't enjoy watching one man isolation repeatedly.
  • Options
    Great game. Before anyone annoints LeBron the next Jordan he has to win a few championships. Young as hell and a lot of time though.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic game. I watched the last quarter to the end. LeBron had an amazing game. He's not Jordan yet, but I did see glimpses tonight. LeBron was spectacular, but MJ did it on a nightly basis, it seemed like.

Shane

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Lets keep in mind Lebron won't be getting a ring this year. That team has a ways to go to be championship caliber IMO when the Spurs are playing like they are.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I watched it - great game, and Lebron did show signs of becoming the next great NBA superstar. He still has a ways to go, of course, but there were several plays where the Cavs needed to score - and he took it upon himself to make the play. He did get bailed out with a cheap foul call on one drive, but did you see the first of those two dunks at the end of regulation? He made the entire Pistons team look like they were asleep.

Very entertaining, but the Pistons should come back and win the series.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>I watched it - great game, and Lebron did show signs of becoming the next great NBA superstar. He still has a ways to go, of course, but there were several plays where the Cavs needed to score - and he took it upon himself to make the play. He did get bailed out with a cheap foul call on one drive, but did you see the first of those two dunks at the end of regulation? He made the entire Pistons team look like they were asleep.

Very entertaining, but the Pistons should come back and win the series. >>

The Pistons are going to lose game six unless they decide it's time to start moving the goddamned ball around on offense. I've never seen this team look so offensively stagnant. Every play is the same; either drop it into Rasheed in the low post, or give it to Tayshaun on the wing, and see if they can score in isolation. Or, barring that, see if Rip or Chauncey can beat their man off the dribble. But that's it; it's five guys playing 1 on 1 with their defenders.

What a total embarrasment. Losing three straight to the Cavs? Come on. And it could be FIVE straight losses if they hadn't gotten obscenely lucky in games one and two.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Great game??? Geesh you guys must be very young and haven't seen many great teams play. I turned in on in the third quarter and watched Detroit clank shot after shot, watched them run out of shot clock time, and they had a frontcourt of players I've never heard of. Cleveland was a scoosh better. I had to turn it off. This game was a prime example of why international teams kick our butt.
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Geesh Irishmike, sorry it's not 1948 anymore and you can't listen to Bob Pettit and the Hawks on your radio.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS