Home U.S. Coin Forum

$50 2006 w gold mark on knee

Has anyone else noticed a circular punchmark just above the knee on liberty? The mark is a different color and in the middle has raised edges. It's about the size of a capital O. Sorry I don't know how to post pics, just hoping someone might know what I'm referring to. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

don't know squat about the knee...............bound to be someone here who does

"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

"government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Here is a photo that I have handy from an ongoing ebay MS69 auction. I don't see the described detail:

• LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • NumisNumis Posts: 160
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I think it's a clash mark but will attempt to get some pics to elicit answers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file