Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I got MOSH'ed!!!

Well, my 2 year reign as the #1 1967T FB Charger Team Set is over. I fell victim to the wave of last minute set edits that MOSH threw out there. Luckily I held him off for my other Charger related team & player sets. Looks like I have a mission for the next year, to take on the MOSH empire and regain my 67' title =image.

Congrats to MOSH and his ridiculously extensive collection and to all the rest of us trying to be all we can be within our humble limitation of resources.

GO BOLTS!!!

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

No shame in losing out to MOSH. You had a good run BoltBoy!

Our Chargers are going to win it all this year and then this registry stuff will all seem insignificant ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Amen to that Wolfbear! I appreciate the sentiment, especially from the only other #1 67' Charger Title holder.

Let's just hope we can actually win a playoff game this year, I can't afford to keep replacing my TV's. What I did after that Jets OT loss was really ugly.
    May the FB gods smile upon us.....finally.

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR HIGH GRADE VINTAGE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS, ESPECIALLY OL' LANCE!!!
  • Options

The Jets loss tasted like sugar compared to this year's loss to the hapless Pats.

I was at both of those games and I truely believe
    that our players are ready to take it to the next level this year.

It's going to happen, and for all the chump teams
    standing in our way, I just have one thing to say : "Get used to losing, Bltches" ... image

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Your both so lucky the Seahawks transferred out of the AFC west.....lucky image

joe
  • Options

Who the heII do the Seaquacks play now?
    Arizona = 2 wins, SF = 2 wins, then Portland's arena team?

They were the only team weak enough for the pitiful Steelers to beat in that Super? Bowl ...
    Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    Hold on there Wolf, I was joking around, see the little smiley face thing after my comment. image = joke

Chargers rock man, Ive been a fan of theirs since the days of Fouts, Winslow, Muncie, Joiner, Jefferson, etc.... Fouts is a good ol' boy from Oregon, cant go wrong there

Granted, the NFC West is nowhere near the AFC west, doncos, da raiders, chargers, KC. Basically a who's who of the AFC. Trust me, I wasnt happy to play that division last year.

49'ers are getting better, Rams are always a factor, and the Cards, well they're the Cards.

joe
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Yeah that Colt's team that the Steelers beat on the road sucked a$$
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    My 4 years on top of the 66 Chargers has also come to an end. He has had the top set for several years in both of those and we were just living on borrowed time. His 66 set is closed but there are only a few cards in my set that have cards that exist at a higher grade. Could probably piece it together if I tried a bit. Not that interested. Didn't even bother to update that set. Wouldn't have helped.
    A lot of Raider sets added late that would have been low hanging fruit for a number of players who have complete or near complete sets. Seems he updated a lot of Charger sets but did not hit the other teams so hard.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    PinkcatfishPinkcatfish Posts: 377 ✭✭
    Getting MOSHed is like a right of passage or initiation of sorts. One time is sort of acceptable but more than once gets annoying.

J
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>Who the heII do the Seaquacks play now?
    Arizona = 2 wins, SF = 2 wins, then Portland's arena team?

They were the only team weak enough for the pitiful Steelers to beat in that Super? Bowl ... >>

I thought San Fran. beat the Seahawks twice last year with Gore pounding them. I could be wrong about this..........

The Chargers are looking pretty tough lately. 2007 could be their year with a little luck.

Nothing wrong with finishing second to MOSH by the way.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah that Colt's team that the Steelers beat on the road sucked a$$ >>

Or, how about that crappy Denver team on the road in the AFC title game? People forget they won 3 road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl (plus winning their last 4 regular season games just to get in). That's hilarious that's it's coming from a Chargers fan. Win a playoff game first, fellas, huh? The last two playoff games you were in, Jets-choke job, and Pats-major choke job. Both at home. We (the Chargers) have the best back in the history of the game possibly, but we'll try to beat you with Philip Rivers in that NE game. Sounds good to me!

Edited to say: The Steelers wouldn't even had made the Playoffs that year if the Chargers didn't choke away their regular season. So, I guess a 'Thank You' is in order...Thanks!
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Jets loss tasted like sugar compared to this year's loss to the hapless Pats.

I was at both of those games and I truely believe
    that our players are ready to take it to the next level this year.

It's going to happen, and for all the chump teams
    standing in our way, I just have one thing to say : "Get used to losing, Bltches" ... image >>

What gives you this hope, your signing of Norv Turner to take over the team? He's been wildly successful in his coaching career, hasn't he?
  • Options

Cool! We've managed to hijack this MOSH thread and turn it into a football smack talk thread. image

Steeler fans can find comfort dwelling on their past glories,
    but this is 2007 and it is destined to be the year of the Lightning Bolt!

Pix of 'My Kids'

• Options
    And we all agree that SOMEONE from the AFC, will be facing the Seahawks in the Super Bowl image

This has indeed been a fun one to read

joe