Home Sports Talk
Options

Billy Donovan leaving Florida to coach Orlando Magic

For some reason the name "Rick Patino" is going through my mind. Making the jump from college to the pros is not often a smooth
one and the track record has not been a good. At $5.5 million a year I guess it was just too much money to say no.

Good luck Donovan you are going to need it.

Comments

• Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    it's a lot of cash!!!!

good luck he'll need it, but he's young and motivated so we'll see
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    bifff257bifff257 Posts: 751 ✭✭

<< <i>Good luck Donovan you are going to need it. >>

I think I tend to agree with that statement even though I am a big magic fan. Unless the team can add a few more quality players around Dwight Howard, Billy will be in for a rude awakening.

I am excited about the hire for my team, but I will be more excited if we can land a top free agent this summer to compliment Dwight.

He is no doubt a great coach, but history has proven being a great college coach does not make you a great pro coach.

But hey, for 27+ million who can blame him for making the jump to the pros. image