Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

well this is a new scam I haven't seen?

a customer (ebayer) is buying say 2 boxes of 1985 topps off of 2 different sellers, pays one with paypal then copies the payment and emails me look I have paid you already ( only problem is it still shows paypal acct that the money was sent to) almost didn't catch it cause it was a small amount and looked like I had recieved Paypal payment notice. of course no money in my paypal acct. This ever happen to anyone else?

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Pretty darn clever. Hope you reported his ass.
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Please list ebayer's name so we can block him from future methods
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't say or do anything. When he ultimately pays, send him a box with a copy of his scam and a bible and a note that says never scam a scammer. Use delivery confirmation and enjoy the ride.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting scam but I check every PayPal payment against my PayPal account page.

It hasn't happened yet but I've often thought that scammer buyers could send a phony PayPal purchase receipt to your e-mail - this would be quite easy to do - again...hasn't happened yet and if it ever does I won't be scammed by it.
  • Options
    mandeldmandeld Posts: 350 ✭✭
    Go with Bosox's idea. That's great.
    Successful transactions with: vintagetoppsguy, packman, barndog, Big80s, MurphDawg, BrackAttack, mealeworm, Publius, Whiteshoes, bigredone, rube26105, ledsters, reelinintheyears, digicat, themetalsign, OSClabs, 1420sports, bighurt2000, MeteoriteGuy, lsutigers1973, skier07, Machodoc, gameusedhoop, tennesseebanker, Downtown1974, CGeorge, Salinas, corvette1340, lbcoach20, initialD, IJustLoveCards, TedSimmonsFan, Goldlabels, Lothar52, bigred1, Bosox1976, itzagoner, svtPONY95
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Don't say or do anything. When he ultimately pays, send him a box with a copy of his scam and a bible and a note that says never scam a scammer. Use delivery confirmation and enjoy the ride. >>

Clever!

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I think because of phishing e-mails in general, I got into the habit of always checking my Paypal account to confirm notices of deposits received via e-mail. This is the first time I have actually heard of someone trying to scam someone with a "copy" of Paypal's notices in this way. It was only a matter of time of course. You have to admit, the scammers can be creative at times... but I still wish to bludgeon them.

Snorto~
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I only print shipping labels from my PayPal account when they show the buyer has paid. Emails mean nothing.