Home U.S. Coin Forum

price guide for non US coins

I have a box of old foreign coins and I need help finding out which ones are silver and if any have value. Where can I look?
John Monderine
Collection Agency

Comments

• SciotoScioto Posts: 955
    Standard Catalog of World Coins from Krause. Try the library for an older copy. New ones run $50+. Good Luck and have fun! image

PS - SCWC's are published to cover one century each and are as big as phone books.
    GO AHEAD! I DOUBLE-DOG DARE YOU TO RATE ME A 1!
  • the oldest coin is from 1930's
    John Monderine
    Collection Agency
  • DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>the oldest coin is from 1930's >>

You'll need the 1901-2000 edition. he is right, they are large and thick books (think phonebook); from what i understand the 2007 edition for this book should be out in a couple weeks. i'd hold off and get the newest one with the updated pricing.

<< <i>the oldest coin is from 1930's >>

Then the 20th Century Standard Catalog is all you'll need.

Also try asking about mystery coins on the WORLD & ANCIENT COINS FORUM here. There's some real good people there.

<< <i>I have a box of old foreign coins and I need help finding out which ones are silver and if any have value. Where can I look? >>

Any good stories come with the box of coins? An inheritance? Bought from an estate? Found in a wall during remodelling? image
  • They were my Dad's. I have been spending the last year going through all his stuff and trying to complete sets and figure out the value of some of this stuff. The last 2 boxes I had to go through were filled with worthless Kennedy Halves, Ike's, Sac's and Sba's and another with these foreign coins. Some are older and I think silver ( Canada 5's 10's and 25's pre 60's) and some other places. Now it is time to see if any have value. I think I will sell the foreign coins on Ebay or something. The Kennedy's, Ike's, Sac's and Sba's I keep as change in my pocket and use it to buy odd things. I loved the look on my chinese food guys face when I bought lunch and gave him a hand full of these coins. A few of each.
    John Monderine
    Collection Agency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file