Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Johnny Morton MMA fighter?

It appears former nfl receiver johnny morton will participate in his 1st mma fight this weekend at Dynamite USA!! I am thinking about watching this
simply to see how morton holds his own against professional mma fighters.

brock lesner is also fighting in his 1 mma event.

julen

fight card
RIP GURU

Comments

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    michael westbrook fought jarrod bunch in mma awhile back, i have it on video somewhere..

also, bam bam bigelow of wrestling fame tried MMA with little success, he got pounded pretty bad by Kimo..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭✭
    Johnny Morton is freakin huge and shredded these days. I wouldn't want to tangle with him.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i>brock lesner is also fighting in his 1 mma event. >>

too bad they gave Lesnar an easy win..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    Brock was a real wrestler before he did his pro gig. I'd be somewhat surprised if he can't hold his own.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i agree, they are babying lesnar.

friggin gracie v sakuraba? wtf, gheritol main event? 15 years ago, yea, this is a headliner, but this fight will only b watched by people who are looking to see how much more brain damage sakuraba can withstand. i think wanderlei silva personally took about 10-15 years off sakuraba's life in their fights.

prediction: given mma about 5-10 years and you will see just how much brain damage these athletes are taking and still fighting with. 1/5 ex-football players that had multiple concussions said they are or have been treated for depression. you can say 5/5 mma fighters IMHO.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>i agree, they are babying lesnar.

friggin gracie v sakuraba? wtf, gheritol main event? 15 years ago, yea, this is a headliner, but this fight will only b watched by people who are looking to see how much more brain damage sakuraba can withstand. i think wanderlei silva personally took about 10-15 years off sakuraba's life in their fights. >>

dude, Saku vs. Gracie is phenomenal, Sakuraba is probably my favorite fighter ever.. Saku by kimura.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    i agree 100%. saku was my favorite fighter, especially the way he spanked royce (literally), but neither of these 2 fighters
    has done much lately and it seems like they are marketing this fight solely based on the past, not the present or the future?

i will ultimately pay to watch the event, but i am not getting my hopes up for either (main) event.

i still cannot believe crocop lost his pre-fight for the title!!!! champ, henderson, liddell, cro-cop? i unfortunately think fedor could take all these guys right now.

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options

<< <i>i agree 100%. saku was my favorite fighter, especially the way he spanked royce (literally), but neither of these 2 fighters
    has done much lately and it seems like they are marketing this fight solely based on the past, not the present or the future?

i will ultimately pay to watch the event, but i am not getting my hopes up for either (main) event.

i still cannot believe crocop lost his pre-fight for the title!!!! champ, henderson, liddell, cro-cop? i unfortunately think fedor could take all these guys right now.

julen >>

fedor could beat a grizzly bear.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>fedor could beat a grizzly bear. >>

I bet FOX would love to televise that.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    friggin gracie v sakuraba? wtf, gheritol main event? 15 years ago, yea, this is a headliner, but this fight will only b watched by people who are looking to see how much more brain damage sakuraba can withstand. i think wanderlei silva personally took about 10-15 years off sakuraba's life in their fights

I would like to see it!
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Morton should be a monster in the ring with those stone hands he developed with the Chiefs.
    Travis